+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visitor Visa Invitation Letter

dmikka

Apr 19, 2022
Hello all,

I am a citizen of Canada applying for a TRV for my wife.
In the content of the invitation letter, is it ok to state that we would like to apply for family sponsorship? For ex. say that we plan to apply for family sponsorship in Canada and then that she will leave the country and return later as a PR?
Is this kind of honest appreciated by those who look at the applications?

thanks!

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hello all,

I am a citizen of Canada applying for a TRV for my wife.
In the content of the invitation letter, is it ok to state that we would like to apply for family sponsorship? For ex. say that we plan to apply for family sponsorship in Canada and then that she will leave the country and return later as a PR?
Is this kind of honest appreciated by those who look at the applications?

thanks!
I am looking for same answer as well,
following the thread.

dmikka

Apr 19, 2022
Hi guys.
Here to update you on my original question.

My wife recently received her visitor visa.

In the invitation letter, I indicated that we eventually plan to apply for permanent residence; however, because of the pandemic, we have not been able to visit the country since we have been together. This is why we first needed a visitor visa.
So to answer my original question, it is alright to say that you want to get permanent residence through family sponsorship one day.

Keep in mind my wife also owns an apartment in her origin country so maybe that helped her get her visa.

Hope this helps!

Infi

Aug 6, 2023
Hi guys.
Here to update you on my original question.

My wife recently received her visitor visa.

In the invitation letter, I indicated that we eventually plan to apply for permanent residence; however, because of the pandemic, we have not been able to visit the country since we have been together. This is why we first needed a visitor visa.
So to answer my original question, it is alright to say that you want to get permanent residence through family sponsorship one day.

Keep in mind my wife also owns an apartment in her origin country so maybe that helped her get her visa.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for this post. Can you please share an update on the same? Did you apply for the TRV and was it approved? What is the status now?
I will be applying for the spousal TRV as well. I have already applied for the spousal PR but I haven't received the AOR yet. I have actually created another post here to understand what contents should go into the invitation letter.