+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visitor Visa for an INDIAN Citizen in Canada on Work Permit

raas

Apr 11, 2022
Hi All,

I am on a work permit in Canada and applied for spouse visitor visa on Feb 1st 2022. What is the typical processing time and is anyone waiting for spouse visitor visa? If yes what are the timelines.

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Hi All,

I am on a work permit in Canada and applied for spouse visitor visa on Feb 1st 2022. What is the typical processing time and is anyone waiting for spouse visitor visa? If yes what are the timelines.
currently trv processing time from india is 117days..processing time is updated weekly, you can check here

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

while that being said, some feb/march applicants have got decisions as early as 10days and november applicants like me who have crossed 117days are still waiting for decisions! so everything is pure luck

raas

Apr 11, 2022
@canadian321 Thanks for the response... I have applied through GC Key? Should i submit again in new portal? in new portal are applications processed in 30 days? Where did you apply and when?

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
@canadian321 Thanks for the response... I have applied through GC Key? Should i submit again in new portal? in new portal are applications processed in 30 days? Where did you apply and when?
i applied in new portal on nov 28 n still waiting (for parents), even reviewing has not started! try reading threads in this forum, new gckey and portal applications seems to be processed with equal speed, not sure if reapplying will benefit…i’ve already passed 4months of waiting n not reapplied fearing the wait time will reset to day1!

raas

Apr 11, 2022
While raising a webform what should be selected in RELATIONSHIP to the applicant if i am raising the webform on behalf of my wife.
There are 4 options available there APPLICANT, REPRESENTATIVE, SPONSOR, MP ??

wk1024

Feb 4, 2022
hi, my spousal visa is in progress i have recieved my AOR and sponsor approval , my biometrics and medical is also done for that, now i want to apply for the trv as my wife is my sponsor with a pr card. are there any chances that i will get an approval or the rejection rates a higher in such cases ?
Thanks !

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
hi, my spousal visa is in progress i have recieved my AOR and sponsor approval , my biometrics and medical is also done for that, now i want to apply for the trv as my wife is my sponsor with a pr card. are there any chances that i will get an approval or the rejection rates a higher in such cases ?
Thanks !
The rejection rate is higher but one call still apply .
A TRV is for a temporary stay . IRCC assumes if one has a Outland sponsorship in play , that the applicant is coming to stay , not visit & leave . Which would negate how temporary visas are to be used