+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visitor Visa - Chest X-Ray

D

Daniel_Daniel

Friends, my wife received a letter form CHC, New Delhi to repeat her Chest X-Ray. She went to the DMP and was told that there is light shadow of a scar on the lung and it is better to undergo Sputum test which will take 8 weeks. She does not even remember that she ever got TB or anything like that but not sure what is that scar all about.

Any idea how long it might take for the reports to be sent by DMP to CHC after the sputum test and how long from there to get the visa?

Please please help me with some information.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Daniel_Daniel said:
Friends, my wife received a letter form CHC, New Delhi to repeat her Chest X-Ray. She went to the DMP and was told that there is light shadow of a scar on the lung and it is better to undergo Sputum test which will take 8 weeks. She does not even remember that she ever got TB or anything like that but not sure what is that scar all about.

Any idea how long it might take for the reports to be sent by DMP to CHC after the sputum test and how long from there to get the visa?

Please please help me with some information.
1. First question, did CHC request sputum test or just another x-ray? If it was another x-ray just do the x-ray. (she could do the x-ray and the sputum test, just in case the sputum test is asked for after the 2nd x-ray)
2. If you do the sputum test, 6-8 weeks then another 4 weeks minimum for results.

D

Daniel_Daniel

Hi PMM,

CHC just advised to do the chest X-Ray. When my wife got the X-ray done and showed it to the doctor, the doctor said that it is not so clear in the X-ray and hence wanted her to undergo the sputum test.

He said that it would take 8 weeks for the sputum test and the reports would be then sent to the CHC. Does this mean that the reports would be immediately sent to CHC after 8 weeks or would it take 4 weeks after those 8 weeks to send the results?

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Daniel_Daniel said:
Hi PMM,

CHC just advised to do the chest X-Ray. When my wife got the X-ray done and showed it to the doctor, the doctor said that it is not so clear in the X-ray and hence wanted her to undergo the sputum test.

He said that it would take 8 weeks for the sputum test and the reports would be then sent to the CHC. Does this mean that the reports would be immediately sent to CHC after 8 weeks or would it take 4 weeks after those 8 weeks to send the results?

Thanks.
After 8 weeks the results of the sputum test are sent to the Immigration Medical Centre, it takes about 4 weeks to be reviewed there before the results reach the visa office.

D

Daniel_Daniel

hi PMM, How much time it might take for CHC to take a decision after the medical reports reach their office?

bettafish

Mar 28, 2012
Someone from the forum suggested 3-4 weeks after medical.My parents case also took that timeframe-dealing with NewDelhi CHC.Hope this helps.

D

Daniel_Daniel

bettafish, did your parents also undergo additional medicals?

D

Daniel_Daniel

There was an additional chest x-ray which was suggested by CHC...

bettafish

Mar 28, 2012
Applied on Mar 9,2012 at NewDelhi CHC
Passport received back with medical request on Mar 14,2012
Done medical on Mar27,2012
CHC called to send original passports to emabassy on April 23,2012 and waiting for the outcome

Just curious, do they put a rejection stamp on passports when they reject the application or just letter.?

D

Daniel_Daniel

bettafish, why did you send the passport a month after the medical was completed? Was there any reason for this delay?