+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse visa

Japjeet27

May 24, 2021
My husband has done his graduation from a university which is banned in WES canada ,,,is there would be any refusal chances if he do not show his graduation degree??

Jinit

Jan 4, 2019
He must list his degree even if it is not recognized by Canada.
@canuck78 Can you please help me to find some details for sowp file?? I am from india and wish to join my spouse who is on student visa from September intake. We are in relationship from last 9 years and married in July, 2021. So this the background. my spouse went to canada in late August,2021 after our marriage and due to death of close family and covid situation. we did marriage in presence of only family members. So how the chances are to file of Spouse opne work permit??

Your observation and thoughts are appreciated

Thanks in advance

J

charithardha

Nov 24, 2021
Hi guys, presently my wife is in canada on study visa. i have applied my sowp file on april 30th 2021, given biometrics on july 12th 2021, remedical on 25th sept 2021. no review started yet, no update yet. waiting for PPR . anyone in the same stage ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 Can you please help me to find some details for sowp file?? I am from india and wish to join my spouse who is on student visa from September intake. We are in relationship from last 9 years and married in July, 2021. So this the background. my spouse went to canada in late August,2021 after our marriage and due to death of close family and covid situation. we did marriage in presence of only family members. So how the chances are to file of Spouse opne work permit??

Your observation and thoughts are appreciated

Thanks in advance

J
Impossible to say. If you can prove that you’ve been dating for 9 years that would be very helpful. Proof of things like going on vacation together, attending family event as the girlfriend in various years, etc.

Jinit

Jan 4, 2019
Impossible to say. If you can prove that you’ve been dating for 9 years that would be very helpful. Proof of things like going on vacation together, attending family event as the girlfriend in various years, etc.
@canuck78 Thanks you so much for taking time to reply. Yes i have proof of relationship like chat, pics with friends, call history. I think this is sufficient to prove bcz older picture of younger age is totally different than today. So concluding this, i try for SOWP. Anything that i should avoid while applying for SOWP?? Your suggestions are always welcome to avoida ny mistakes in file.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 Thanks you so much for taking time to reply. Yes i have proof of relationship like chat, pics with friends, call history. I think this is sufficient to prove bcz older picture of younger age is totally different than today. So concluding this, i try for SOWP. Anything that i should avoid while applying for SOWP?? Your suggestions are always welcome to avoida ny mistakes in file.
Did you update your file to indicate that you got married before landing in Canada? You would have had to send in a webform? Visas for spouses of international students are not guaranteed but yes you can certainly try. Proof that you have been dating for a long time and did not get married after getting a study permit should help your application. If people get married after receiving a study permit there is concern about immigration fraud so spouses can sometimes be denied. How long is your program?

Jinit

Jan 4, 2019
Did you update your file to indicate that you got married before landing in Canada? You would have had to send in a webform? Visas for spouses of international students are not guaranteed but yes you can certainly try. Proof that you have been dating for a long time and did not get married after getting a study permit should help your application. If people get married after receiving a study permit there is concern about immigration fraud so spouses can sometimes be denied. How long is your program?
Actually i am yet to process my file. I wish to process file with total clarity to avoid rejection. In my case we did engagement ceremony before visa arrival but marriage have done after visa arrived. Because of covid and death of many family members we did in very small way. N certainly i have proof of long relationship. Duration of study is 2 year of my spouse. So this is the overall Background.

Jinit

Jan 4, 2019
Hello @canuck78 ,

I have prepared my SOWP file at my own.

Documents with content are as below.

1. Client Information Document _ Details about applicant, Fund details, CA report, parent support affidavit , Education Documents, job experience, ITR

2. Proof of relationship _First two page _ ,Narreted story and then pictures of Relation with spouse from starting to ongoing

3. Student information _ international student details with photos + Letter of invitation from student.

So any one who have experience can check and share views on this sequence?? Anything that i need to add ??

Query _ i have created SOP in 1200 words without pictures and any proof. So Where should I attach SOP from above 3 Documents??

Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello @canuck78 ,

I have prepared my SOWP file at my own.

Documents with content are as below.

1. Client Information Document _ Details about applicant, Fund details, CA report, parent support affidavit , Education Documents, job experience, ITR

2. Proof of relationship _First two page _ ,Narreted story and then pictures of Relation with spouse from starting to ongoing

3. Student information _ international student details with photos + Letter of invitation from student.

So any one who have experience can check and share views on this sequence?? Anything that i need to add ??

Query _ i have created SOP in 1200 words without pictures and any proof. So Where should I attach SOP from above 3 Documents??

Thanks in advance.
Would make sure SOP is as concise as possible since SOP is not required for SOWP. You just need to show proof that you were in a longterm relationship, got married and are still in a relationship. Simple and to the point is what IRCC wants.