+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visa???

Janmeet Singh

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
hey guys (from India)
got admitted in Western University (applied for visa )

My questions are:

1 What kind of visa can in apply for my wife after i get there?
2 what are the chances of getting any visa approval for her?
3 what are the general requirements for the process?
4 Funds requirement?

She is in last year BSc(Nursing) no experience (hoping to apply after her degree completion)
Can she get open work permit from here or after arriving Canada

jeet dhani

Sep 12, 2014
hi janmeet,

myself simranjeet, i am from ahmedabad , yes your wife can apply for open work permit after you go there, you need to send some of your documnets ,
i.e: sin nos, enrollment for, gic account details, college id, and the rent agreement or the residential proof of yours in canada.

then she may apply from india with certain documents for spouse open wok permit.

i am in the same situation as my wife is already in canada on student visa and i hv applied for spouse open work permit on 19th sept 2014 just hope to get a good news this coming week..........

and regarding funds it is not sure but minimum u will hv to show 10000 cad in your wife's account whether in terms of fd, liquid funds or lic's.........

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
1 What kind of visa can in apply for my wife after i get there?
there r two types one is simple TRV(visitors visa where spouse cannot work) second is spousal open work permit ,u and ur wife can apply together or separate its ur choice
2 what are the chances of getting any visa approval for her?
no one can tell u about chances
3 what are the general requirements for the process?
u need to provide all the necessary documents plus ur marriage cert , study permit/letter of introduction, visa, financial documents ...u can apply together or separate its ur choice.
4 Funds requirement?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3
follow the link its the min requirements ur fees + living expenses + spouse expenses + children expenses if any

anishak7

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
hi guys,
i am sorry to inform you that majority of cases submitted after sept 2014 is found rejected.I am a student and my wife applied for her open work permit from india but got rejected for silly reasons.
1.purpose of visit- was clear in the cover letter
2.travel history - she have even visited foreign country
3.financial funds - i had shown 16000 CAD

Friends i dont know what criteria they are taking in, even lot of students from my college applied for the same and we all got the same result.REJECTION.
i think CIC is not promoting this anymore or the visa issuing officers have got certain instructions from CIC to not process such cases further.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
anishak7 said:
hi guys,
i am sorry to inform you that majority of cases submitted after sept 2014 is found rejected.I am a student and my wife applied for her open work permit from india but got rejected for silly reasons.
1.purpose of visit- was clear in the cover letter
2.travel history - she have even visited foreign country
3.financial funds - i had shown 16000 CAD

Friends i dont know what criteria they are taking in, even lot of students from my college applied for the same and we all got the same result.REJECTION.
i think CIC is not promoting this anymore or the visa issuing officers have got certain instructions from CIC to not process such cases further.
one reason i see is funds seem low unless u have attached ur fee receipt....u need ur fees+$10000+$4000 min .......yes spousal visa r tougher....how long have u been married what marriage proof did u attach?

anishak7

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
I am just newly married..two months back..but other guys are long back married and even with enough funds being rejected.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
anishak7 said:
I am just newly married..two months back..but other guys are long back married and even with enough funds being rejected.
well i dont know problems with ur other buddies but i clearly see ur problem . Showing similar cases is not going to help ....try and get ur file right forget about who got what. Dont get discouraged because someone else also got rejected. ur problem is funds thats just one another is u r recently married try to add more proof of marriage like may be marriage photos etc something to show marriage is not just a convenience marriage and a genuine marriage..also add spouses credentials if the r good like degree , experience letters etc.....these r not required but its good to add them to make a profile strong