+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visa while holding PGWP in canada

Saleem@bhatton

Jun 16, 2017
Hi, I am pgwp holder in Canada issues in December 2019. I have a full-time job here. I recently married in February. I came back in June. I am planning to apply a visa for my wife. I am so confused about what type of visa I should apply for my wife and what documents we need. Please guide me on this

Shahbaz042

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
You need to show proof of your marriage (Your Work Permit, Marriage Certificate , Nikkah Namah in English, Pictures of every events, Job Letter NOC Type 0, A or B, last 3 payslips). Other than these you have to show country ties which could be the job of your wife (Company is allowing her to go and join again when she will be back) OR something like her parents needs her(because they are old) if there is no other children. One letter from your side( Invitation letter) in which you will tell the story and problems you both are facing while living separately.

Reactions: Saleem@bhatton

Saleem@bhatton

Jun 16, 2017
You would apply for a spousal open work permit based on your PGWP. In addition to the standard documents like medical exams, biometrics, and police checks, you will need to provide a copy of your PGWP, proof your job in Canada is NOC type 0, A, or B, and your recent payslips.
And i have one another question because of covid-19 we couldn’t go outside much but we spent 5 months. As someone told me that it is very important to shows on documents but we do have long history of relationship which we can show by Facebook, whats app messages. Do we have good chances to get visa ?