+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse visa under canada or family class

Amarjas

Jan 27, 2018
I am applying permanent resident application for my spouse who is currently living with me on a visitor visa(valid for 10 yrs), should i apply in canada class(includes work permit) or family class. if i apply under family class should i declare that she is inside canada or outside.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You can apply either way, it's up to you. If she's in Canada, then you should use your address in Canada for either process.

Note that the visa does not allow her to stay inside Canada 10 years, the visa is just the travel document that allows her to board an airplane to Canada. It's up to CBSA upon entry how long she is allowed to stay. If they stamped her passport that will have a visitor status expiry date. Or if no stamp, then she will have 6 months visitors status upon entry, so be careful she doesn't go out of status while here. May need to apply to extend her status, when the 6 months is almost up.

Amarjas

Jan 27, 2018
Hi Rob,thanks for the reply.
Apart from the open work permit, is there any other difference in canada class and family class? how long does it take to get open work permit for her?

visssu

Oct 1, 2017
Hi ,

i got married in nov 2017, and my wife is STUDYING in CANADA .
i have few questions that-

1) Are the property documents need to be shown ?

2)Which Process is better for Spousal sponsership ONLINE or OFFLINE?

please suggest us the above things.

Thanks

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Hi Rob,thanks for the reply.
Apart from the open work permit, is there any other difference in canada class and family class? how long does it take to get open work permit for her?
There are a few differences. Inland ("in Canada") cannot be appealed if the application is rejected, you must re-apply. Outland ("family class") can be appealed. Inland requires you to be living together in Canada, so extended trips out of the country are not advised. Outland applicants can travel back and forth as much as they like with no impact on the app. Outland processing times can be shorter than inland, depending on the applicant's nationality, but due to recent changes, the processing times are much more similar. If called for a relationship interview, the outland applicant must complete this in their home country, whereas the interview is completed in Canada for inland applicants. Those are the primary differences beyond the open work permit.

vrk1990

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
I am applying permanent resident application for my spouse who is currently living with me on a visitor visa(valid for 10 yrs), should i apply in canada class(includes work permit) or family class. if i apply under family class should i declare that she is inside canada or outside.
Hi,

When did you apply for the visitor visa for your wife (before marriage or after marriage) ?.

Thanks

Reactions: Nrshah