+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse visa rejected / NOC job not matching

Pranav10

Feb 2, 2020
i got second time refusal for my spouse open work permit. I work full time in Toronto under Job title NOC code 2281 which falls in category ‘B’. Both times they gave me reason that you must have job under NOC 0, A or B to be eligible for spouse work permit. I have checked each and every website for work I do and what employment letter says. Statistics Canada website clearly mentioned about this code. My colleagues got spouse work permit and PNP on this job. My job duties are matching 80% but still they are saying it’s not NOC job. I clearly mentioned code and all information in employment letter. Really frustrating and helpless. Don’t know how to convince them. How to make them understand. Totally disappointing. Any help would be seriously appreciated please.

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
i got second time refusal for my spouse open work permit. I work full time in Toronto under Job title NOC code 2281 which falls in category ‘B’. Both times they gave me reason that you must have job under NOC 0, A or B to be eligible for spouse work permit. I have checked each and every website for work I do and what employment letter says. Statistics Canada website clearly mentioned about this code. My colleagues got spouse work permit and PNP on this job. My job duties are matching 80% but still they are saying it’s not NOC job. I clearly mentioned code and all information in employment letter. Really frustrating and helpless. Don’t know how to convince them. How to make them understand. Totally disappointing. Any help would be seriously appreciated please.
I totally do understand your situation. It is really clear that you provide the right noc code chosen from their official website. It is so frustrating to get refused after hours of hard work to prepare all the documents.

praveenselva

Mar 26, 2023
Hi, Any update on your spouse visa? I am in same situation.

praveenselva

Mar 26, 2023
Thanks for your response. The rejection reason was given below (my NOC code is in category A). Will there be another unstated motive? If somebody could specify which extra documents are necessary to get it approved, that would be useful.

Eligibility for a work permit in this category only applies to the spouse or common-law partner of a work permit holder who is doing work that is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels 0, A or B.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Thanks for your response. The rejection reason was given below (my NOC code is in category A). Will there be another unstated motive? If somebody could specify which extra documents are necessary to get it approved, that would be useful.

Eligibility for a work permit in this category only applies to the spouse or common-law partner of a work permit holder who is doing work that is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels 0, A or B.
If you satisfy the requirement, raise a webform for reconsideration & wait for the reposnse

If they do not reconsider, then apply again

Good Luck