+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE VISA REJECTED AND REAPPL

dhara6

May 24, 2016
AFTER A LONG WAIT MY HUSBAND GOT REJECTION LETTER AND NOW WE ARE REAPPLY. HE IS CANADIAN CITIZEN AND ALL SAY AS HE IS FROM THERE SO IMMIGRATION OFFICE HAVE TO GIVE VISA IST TRUE?
SECONDLY IN REAPPLY WE HAEV GONE TO HONNEYMOON BUT LOST RECIEPT BUT WE ARE HAVING PHOTO OF IT IST OK ?

client2014

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Uk london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
october 2015
Interview........
january 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
insha Allah soon
why they rejected? ?

dhara6

May 24, 2016
due to job and address of my spouse differ ,money transfer reciept not kept,continuous relation is not der?
is there any specific time for reapply?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
dhara6 said:
due to job and address of my spouse differ ,money transfer reciept not kept,continuous relation is not der?
is there any specific time for reapply?
this doesn't make sense.
1) it is not required for sponsors to be employed to be approved.
2) if you are married (not commonlaw), then it is not required for the sponsor and applicant to live together. this is only for if you are applying as a commonlaw couple, meaning you can prove you've cohabitated for at least 365 consecutive days. Married couples do not need to prove this. they need to prove their relationship is real and known to other people. almost all married couples have not lived together at the time of the application and are successfully approved.

Unless i am misunderstanding what you wrote, I'm guessing there must be more to the rejection than what is stated. Or you are not understanding the reasons they gave you correctly.

In regards to reapplying, it would depend on when you were married and what proof you have about your relationship. if you have nothing different than what you sent in with the first applicaiton, then reapplying would just lead to another rejection. there is no "rule" about how long you have to wait. you just want to be sure you have substantially more proof this time around to answer the concerns of the visa officer and why the last application was rejected. The responsibility is on the sponsor and applicant to supply plenty of evidence to support the validity of the relationship. It sounds like they are concerned the relationship is not ongoing. the only thing you can do to change that is to spend more time gathering evidence that it is still ongoing and not rush into reapplying until you have that proof.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
this doesn't make sense.
1) it is not required for sponsors to be employed to be approved.
2) if you are married (not commonlaw), then it is not required for the sponsor and applicant to live together. this is only for if you are applying as a commonlaw couple, meaning you can prove you've cohabitated for at least 365 consecutive days. Married couples do not need to prove this. they need to prove their relationship is real and known to other people. almost all married couples have not lived together at the time of the application and are successfully approved.

Unless i am misunderstanding what you wrote, I'm guessing there must be more to the rejection than what is stated. Or you are not understanding the reasons they gave you correctly.

In regards to reapplying, it would depend on when you were married and what proof you have about your relationship. if you have nothing different than what you sent in with the first applicaiton, then reapplying would just lead to another rejection. there is no "rule" about how long you have to wait. you just want to be sure you have substantially more proof this time around to answer the concerns of the visa officer and why the last application was rejected. The responsibility is on the sponsor and applicant to supply plenty of evidence to support the validity of the relationship. It sounds like they are concerned the relationship is not ongoing. the only thing you can do to change that is to spend more time gathering evidence that it is still ongoing.
Agreed. Applying again without first establishing different and more concrete proof of genuine relationship will just be a waste of time and money.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
If a person decides to reapply Do they send all the same info as the first time as well as new info ? Can they use the Police certificate and the Medical that was supplied during the interview if not expired ? Same photos etc? plus new ones ? Or do you start from the point of the first refusal ???

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Galano1213 said:
If a person decides to reapply Do they send all the same info as the first time as well as new info ? Can they use the Police certificate and the Medical that was supplied during the interview if not expired ? Same photos etc? plus new ones ? Or do you start from the point of the first refusal ???
You can send the same things in the application, but you will need compelling new evidences as well. Like for example the sponsor goes and lives with the applicant for a year in their country before reapplying.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
In my case I have already lived off and on for almost a year in his country in a Casa. We have been married 3 yrs in Sept 2016. So would another yr make a difference ????

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Galano1213 said:
In my case I have already lived off and on for almost a year in his country in a Casa. We have been married married 3 yrs in Sept 2016. So would another yr make a difference ????
Why were you denied with so much time spent together?

Moving there permanently for a year would probably make a difference.

If my GCMS notes say recommend interview I am seriously contemplating moving to Indonesia.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Two statements that the Agent told my husband were incorrect. She said I was a widow and I was divorced when I met my husband. She said my Father lived in Charleston SC and was dead and lived in Nova Scotia never in Charleston. He never even traveled to Charleston. He was correct and she was not. She said the marriage was not genuine.

CanUkrz

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
Galano1213 said:
Two statements that the Agent told my husband were incorrect. She said I was a widow and I was divorced when I met my husband. She said my Father lived in Charleston SC and was dead and lived in Nova Scotia never in Charleston. He never even traveled to Charleston. He was correct and she was not. She said the marriage was not genuine.
Something else is very wrong, I doubt you would get denied over those two statements as you could send in a document showing something different, or sworn affidavits from people showing the story to be true, unless they have solid evidence otherwise. Did they not ask you for evidence?

What is your side of the story? Were you married at the time you met your husband? Did you just end a marriage? You would have documents to show this, and bystanders to verify. The story about your father would not have any baring other than showing your ability to consistently represent truth throughout your application and information.

If you're together that long something else is setting off red flags. There is much more to this story. Either your application is showing too many gaps, or misinformation, or lots of contradictions, or you could be getting profiled for some reason.

I might be reading your post wrong, did this come up in an interview with the VO and your Husband?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
The Cuban Agent that did the interview in the Canadian Embassy in Havana Gave these reasons in the denial letter she sent to both my husband and myself. I was divorced in 1993 when I met my spouse in 2010. My Father died in Jan 2013 before were were married. We are at our wits end trying to figure out why we could be denied for these reasons. We thought maybe it was because I was 13 yrs older than him as she told him in the interview that she thought I was too old for him. We are only waiting for the notes on file to see if we can see anything else. I was so sure when I filed that we would get the visa I even had winter clothes purchased for him to arrive in January. We were asked to redo Schedule A on job history; to get a new Police certificate and a new medical all of which we did and 1 day after we had the new medical they sent the denial email. The interview was Jan 4,2016 and the email was dated Mar 17,2016 Two days before it was sent. The medical was done March 18 and 19.2016. We are so disappointment to be denied for such flimsy reasons.

CanUkrz

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
Galano1213 said:
The Cuban Agent that did the interview in the Canadian Embassy in Havana Gave these reasons in the denial letter she sent to both my husband and myself. I was divorced in 1993 when I met my spouse in 2010. My Father died in Jan 2013 before were were married. We are at our wits end trying to figure out why we could be denied for these reasons. We thought maybe it was because I was 13 yrs older than him as she told him in the interview that she thought I was too old for him. We are only waiting for the notes on file to see if we can see anything else. I was so sure when I filed that we would get the visa I even had winter clothes purchased for him to arrive in January. We were asked to redo Schedule A on job history; to get a new Police certificate and a new medical all of which we did and 1 day after we had the new medical they sent the denial email. The interview was Jan 4,2016 and the email was dated Mar 17,2016 Two days before it was sent. The medical was done March 18 and 19.2016. We are so disappointment to be denied for such flimsy reasons.
Very odd! I think some other underlying reason is the cause of this. Seems extremely strange that you're together for so long and they still deny... Hopefully you get your notes soon... Unless they know something you don't about your Husband, something happened in the interview and prior, but it could be profiling too! I'm not going to ask your age, but if you're pretty well off and 13 years older, they might suspect he is trying to get into Canada to gain citizenship, and your assets, ect... but you wont know the full story until the notes come in.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Interesting perspective. I am a retired school teacher so considered middle income I am 68 and he is 55 so we are not children. He is a Chef and has worked on a Resort for 23 years.He has no living parents. A married daughter who is a school teacher her husband is a bus mechanic and they have a 2 yr old daughter. I have a married son and a grand daughter and my Mother is still living. It would be difficult to prove profiling. We have appealed the decision however if given an ADR it would and could take up 3 yrs to be heard. That is why I was asking about reapplying.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Galano1213 said:
Sent you a PM.