App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Bryanna said:
Hi Savitri,

I am truly sorry to hear about your situation.

Do not send incomplete information to CIC. You'll have to do things correctly if you want to report this bigamy:
1. You MUST have the Marriage Certificate for the second marriage. If you do NOT have the marriage certificate, your complaint will be ignored

2. It seems you do not have this marriage certificate. Can you get it from the Registrar of Marriages or the embassy where your husband married the second time?

3. Has your husband applied for Canadian PR? Do you have a copy of his Canada PR application?

4. You must prepare a dossier (set of documents) showing your marriage as the first marriage + copies of your passport and your husband's passport + copies of the Canadian lady's passport or citizenship card + copy of the Australian PR application + photographs of the second marriage, etc

5. Please consult a lawyer to draft a cover letter to send with these documents (if you are unable to draft it)

6. You must mail or courier these documents to each of these CIC offices:
a. CPC-Mississauga (the first address in the link which I sent you)
b. Islamabad visa office
c. Is your husband currently living in Pakistan? If he is residing in any other country then you must send one set of documents to the visa office that handles Canada PR for the country/region he is presently living in

I'll reiterate.... after you report this bigamy, please move on in life

All the very best and do take care :)
Sorry, I disagree with this. You do not need anything except your own marriage certificate. I am assuming they will have applied through Islamabad. Send them a case specific enquiry through the cic website. Just full in the fields as best you can. Don't worry about the optional fields. Give them as much information as you can. Be sure to include his full name and date of birth. I think you said you knew the Canadian lady's name. Provide that. Scan your marriage certificate and include it. They may request the original later. Explain the situation. Hopefully they can tie up their application with the details you provide. They will have copies of the new marriage certificate with the application. It wouldn't hurt to include a scan of his passport to help identify him. Good luck. The guy sounds like a jerk. You are better off without him.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=islamabad&_ga=1.265312079.157965339.1446605420

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Eowyn said:
Sorry, I disagree with this. You do not need anything except your own marriage certificate. I am assuming they will have applied through Islamabad. Send them a case specific enquiry through the cic website. Just full in the fields as best you can. Don't worry about the optional fields. Give them as much information as you can. Be sure to include his full name and date of birth. I think you said you knew the Canadian lady's name. Provide that. Scan your marriage certificate and include it. They may request the original later. Explain the situation. Hopefully they can tie up their application with the details you provide. They will have copies of the new marriage certificate with the application. It wouldn't hurt to include a scan of his passport to help identify him. Good luck. The guy sounds like a jerk. You are better off without him.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=islamabad&_ga=1.265312079.157965339.1446605420
What you have suggested is in fact similar to my suggestion..... except for using a CSE and not post/courier.

To report bigamy, the OP must have the marriage certificate for the second marriage..... which she does NOT have. It's to her own advantage if she obtains this marriage certificate for the second marriage.

This second marriage certificate will help the OP not just to report the bigamy to CIC.... but to file and obtain a divorce under Indian Law in her favour.

Without this second marriage certificate, her divorce case will not proceed leave aside obtaining a divorce in her favour. Hence, she will have to file for divorce under 'Mutual Consent' despite the criminal offence of bigamy committed by her husband (this 'Mutual Consent' divorce option will probably result in her *bargaining* with her husband for a divorce).

Coming back to the issue of sending information to CIC either through a CSE or post/courier:
a. Has her husband filed for Canadian immigration? Or is it an assumption that he will do so in the future?

b. Would CIC really fill in the missing gaps on their own without having complete proofs from the complainant (what if her husband has not applied for PR as yet)?

c. The OP has not mentioned whether her husband is living in Islamabad or somewhere else. Hence, she must send the bigamy proofs to CPC-Mississauga + visa office for the country/region where her husband currently lives. Sending a CSE to Islamabad will be futile if he does not live there.

I think the OP must get all possible documents first (especially the second marriage certificate).... then, of course, it is only a matter of deciding whether to courier these documents or to send a CSE

Cheers :)

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Bryanna said:
What you have suggested is in fact similar to my suggestion..... except for using a CSE and not post/courier.

To report bigamy, the OP must have the marriage certificate for the second marriage..... which she does NOT have. It's to her own advantage if she obtains this marriage certificate for the second marriage.

This second marriage certificate will help the OP not just to report the bigamy to CIC.... but to file and obtain a divorce under Indian Law in her favour.

Without this second marriage certificate, her divorce case will not proceed leave aside obtaining a divorce in her favour. Hence, she will have to file for divorce under 'Mutual Consent' despite the criminal offence of bigamy committed by her husband (this 'Mutual Consent' divorce option will probably result in her *bargaining* with her husband for a divorce).

Coming back to the issue of sending information to CIC either through a CSE or post/courier:
a. Has her husband filed for Canadian immigration? Or is it an assumption that he will do so in the future?

b. Would CIC really fill in the missing gaps on their own without having complete proofs from the complainant (what if her husband has not applied for PR as yet)?

c. The OP has not mentioned whether her husband is living in Islamabad or somewhere else. Hence, she must send the bigamy proofs to CPC-Mississauga + visa office for the country/region where her husband currently lives. Sending a CSE to Islamabad will be futile if he does not live there.

I think the OP must get all possible documents first (especially the second marriage certificate).... then, of course, it is only a matter of deciding whether to courier these documents or to send a CSE

In fact, we are both wrong. CIC's own website says what to do when you need to report immigration fraud. She needs to ring them up and they will deal with it.
Although, I'm not sure how she can dial an 888 number internationally. Maybe just call the main number and they can redirect the call? 1-204-983-3500 or
1-506-636-5064

How do I report immigration fraud?
Call the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Border Watch Toll-Free Line at 1-888-502-9060 to report:

suspicious border activity,
a marriage of convenience,
a person who has given false information on any immigration application or
a person wanted on an immigration warrant.
What you tell the tip line is private.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp

One of their FAQs....

As a guide, we are interested in the following information:

Name of individual or company
Date of birth or approximate age
Location, date and time of suspected illegal activity
Physical description of individual, including clothing worn
Address, if known
Phone numbers, if known
Conveyance: car, boat, airplane or train
Known associates
Known business ties
However, you do not need to have all of the above information before calling the CBSA Border Watch Toll-free Line. We will accept and research any detail, even if it seems trivial.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Eowyn said:
In fact, we are both wrong. CIC's own website says what to do when you need to report immigration fraud. She needs to ring them up and they will deal with it.
Although, I'm not sure how she can dial an 888 number internationally. Maybe just call the main number and they can redirect the call? 1-204-983-3500 or
1-506-636-5064

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp

One of their FAQs....
No, both of us are not wrong.

What you've stated in your last post is for reporting in-Canada immigration fraud cases to CBSA. The OP will have to report this bigamy to CIC/visa office BEFORE his PR application is processed/approved. IMO, she should report this bigamy to CPC-Mississauga before his second wife is approved as his PR sponsor.

Photographs are secondary evidence.... the authenticity of photographs is questionable (legally speaking).... because photographs can be tampered. BUT an attested copy of the second marriage certificate + along with the photographs will conclusively prove that the OP's husband has committed bigamy.... and hence, inadmissible to Canada

SAVITRI

Oct 30, 2015
Respected Sir,

I have send all the documents

1. My marriage certificate duly attested by all embassy and Ministry of external affairs.
2. My passport copy which bears his name as my spouse.
3. emails from university of south Australia where it is stated that I am his wife and money transactions from my bank, India
4.His passport copy.
5. His signature bearing legal court document where he states that I am his wife and was married in 14th August 2014.
6. His NADRA CARD his Pakistan identity card.photocopy.
7. VISA REFUSAL from Australian immigration department.

Sir should I send his marriage photos too but i do not have his marriage documents.
I hope the CANADA EMBASSY WILL accept my request and complain

Sir could you please guide me in this issue. sir, I am very insulted and annoyed at his behaviour.I want a proper judgment too be taken.i am completely relying n you. Please guide me.
Thanks
Zinia

SAVITRI

Oct 30, 2015
RESPECTED SIR,

THANKS A LOT FOR ALL THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED.
I HAVE SEND THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:

1. MY MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE DULY ATTESTED BY INDIAN EMBASSY, NEPAL EMBASSY AND MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS.
2. MY PASSPORT WITH MY HUSBAND NAME ATTACHED AS MY SPOUSE
3. MY HUSBAND PASSPORT
4. MY HUSBAND NADRA CARD ( IDENTITY CARD OF PAKISTAN).
5. HIS REJECTION LETTER FROM AUSTRALIAN IMMIGRATION BORDER AGENCY.
6. HIS ACCEPTANCE LETTER FROM UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
7. HIS LEGAL DOCUMENTS FROM COURT STATING THAT I AM HIS WIFE AND I WAS MARRIED TO HIM ON 14TH AUGUST 2014.
8.HIS EMAIL TO THE AUSTRALIAN CONSULTANT AND THEIR REPLIES.
9.HIS MARRIAGE PHOTOGRAPH.
SIR I HOPE ALL THESE ARE TAKEN SERIOUSLY BECAUSE I WANT JUSTICE. HE PLAYED A FOOL WITH ME AND I WAS A JOKE TO HIM. HE MADE MY MOTHER ILL . I AM ALL ALONE ; I DONOT HAVE MY FATHER AS HE PASSED AWAY IN 2006 . SIR I WILL BE HIGHLY GRATEFUL IF YOU GUIDE ME SO THAT I CAN GET JUSTICE.
I HOPW CANADIAN EMBASSY DO LOOK INTO MY MATTER POSITIVELY.
THANKS,
SAVITRI

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Savitri/Zinia,

I am truly sorry to hear what you're going through.... and I hope you come out of this traumatic situation soon.

A small suggestion:
Whenever you write anything to anyone (not just on this forum), please do not write everything in capitals.... it's like shouting at the reader.

The documents you mentioned are good.... but you do not have the most important document i.e. the marriage certificate of his second marriage.

Can you get this second marriage certificate from the Registrar of Marriages.... or from the Embassy/Consulate where your husband married the second time? Where did your husband get married the second time?

Also do you have a copy of his Canada PR application?

Where does your husband live currently? In Pakistan?

SAVITRI

Oct 30, 2015
Sir,
i m sorry to write in capitals; i m too tensed and annoyed .

Sir, i donot have his second marriage certificate. He got married in Pakistan and he is residing in Pakistan now.I won't be able to provide any certificate or his application.

Sir if I do not provide his second marriage certificate i would Canadian embassy hesitate to accept my documents.

Sir, i m now helpless and need your help.

Kindly guide em.
Thanks
Savitri

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey no problem about the capital letters :)

Are you sure he has applied for Canadian immigration? Would you have an idea about the approximate date?

Do you know anyone in Pakistan who can help you to get the marriage certificate? Maybe you can find an online marriage registration site in Pakistan (Google)..... that may be able to help you to get the second marriage certificate. Can you try this?

I strongly suggest you seek the help of a good lawyer because some advice is beyond this forum.

IMO you're in a very tough (and if I may add, you're unfortunately in a losing) situation. For example, there was no need for you to convert to Islam before you married under the Foreign Marriage Act in Nepal..... because that is a Special Marriage Act for people who do not want to perform religious ceremonies/people of different religions.

Secondly, your husband has absolutely nothing to lose. His religion, culture and Law allows a second marriage (I could be wrong about this). And with him in Pakistan, you cannot divorce him until you can prove he has committed bigamy. The only other option is for you to divorce him under Mutual Consent (if he agrees to the terms). Anyway

Coming back to reporting this bigamy to Canadian immigration:
1. Can you try to get the second marriage certificate: Either through online Pakistan websites..... or someone who can help you? You have the second marriage date and photographs

2. Are you sure he has applied for PR through his second wife?

If you are unable to obtain the second marriage certificate then your last option is to report this bigamy to CIC based on the existing documents you have.... let us know so we can suggest what to do next.

And then please move on. Sometimes in *losing*, one actually wins

SAVITRI

Oct 30, 2015
Respected Sir,
i have emailed with all the documents to Canadian Embassy and also to CIC, Canada.I hope it works. When I had lodge a complain they said please send all the documents and now i have emailed them with all documents . I hope they do help me .Very eagerly waiting for their reply. I did call them up in Islamabad. Aman picked up saying that if the complain is lodged , than no need to talk. I hope they understand.
I m waiting for your reply too.

Thanks,
Savitri,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Savitri,

Much as I would've liked to help you, I'm not sure if I can be of any further help.

I had a certain set of actions/steps in mind based your ability to obtain (or at least attempt to obtain) the second marriage certificate. Also, we don't know if your husband has already applied for PR or not.

IMO you have jumped the gun and prematurely dashed off your complaint to CIC Canada + the Islamabad visa office. BTW which Canada office did you email the documents?

Let's hope CIC takes cognizance of your complaint. Let's hope CIC will connect all the dots and take suitable action (if your husband has applied for PR).

I sincerely hope you get justice. I also hope you're able to close this unfortunate chapter of your life soon.... and move on

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAVITRI said:
Respected Sir,
i have emailed with all the documents to Canadian Embassy and also to CIC, Canada.I hope it works. When I had lodge a complain they said please send all the documents and now i have emailed them with all documents . I hope they do help me .Very eagerly waiting for their reply. I did call them up in Islamabad. Aman picked up saying that if the complain is lodged , than no need to talk. I hope they understand.
I m waiting for your reply too.

Thanks,
Savitri,
You are unlikely to get a reply, or further information from CIC or the embassy.

You have made a complaint, sent the information & that's all you can do. CIC won't give you any information about the case.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tarundhingraa said:
Hello
i am in India and my wife is in canada for 5 years now in work permit
We got married in sep 2015 and applied for the PR .She added me in PR as her PR had to come in OCT and now delayed

I applied for visitor visa also to come in dec 2015 but it got denied with following reasons :-

1. Not satisfied with sufficiant funds:- I have Rs 6 lakhs ( 12,000 CAD ) Approx and Rs 2 lakhs of fixed deposits ( 4000 CAD Approx )

2. Insufficient evidence to establish the relationship with your host :- I deposited the court of law marriage certificate to you signed by the registrar of the court which is legally accepted in INDIA

Additionally i submitted
Employment Letter
Leave of Absence Letter
Bank Balance letter ( Balance Certificate )
Wife's documents were also as per order

Please confirm what else can i give as a marriage proof as i already submitted the registered court marriage certificate

Do i need to attest the marriage certificate from ministry of external affairs in india to make it valid?

Thanks
Please start your own thread in the temporary workers board (if your wife has not yet landed as a PR). If your wife is already a PR, you should read/post on the family sponsorship board.