+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visa queries

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
I'm about to start spousal sponsorship process.

My background - I completed my soft landing as single in Oct 2019 and was here for 10 days & went back as I had to complete my project. During that, I got married [Feb 2020] and I came back on 15th March 2020. Now I want to apply for spousal sponsorship. I have downloaded country specific forms along with all other required forms.

I have few basic queries to start with, if you can help me please. I'm in Canada and spouse is in India.

I understood how to fill the form, print them and add signatures from the experienced members of this forum. Below are the additional queries as of now:

1. How to show proof of relationship? Please elaborate as much as possible.
2. My wife's passport has her father's name as middle name. My name is there as spouse name & we do have marriage certificate. Is it good enough? or does she need to apply for new passport which has my name as middle name?
3. What should be the address of my wife? As her passport has address of her father. But we do have marriage certificate which shows my address. Is it enough?
4. Form 1344 - should there be separate copy filled by me & another one to be filled by spouse or combined one?
5. Due to on going issue of virus, I haven't started job and at home only. Will that create any issue or should I wait till I get job & then apply for her visa?
6. How should I order all the forms? Do I need anything like Index to explain the order/forms along with things I included?
7. I have also downloaded all the required forms as per my understanding. Forms which I have downloaded are as follows;
5669e, imm0008, imm1344, imm5406e, imm5476e, imm5532e, imm5533e, imm5562e

Do I need anything else? or should I remove any form from above list?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm about to start spousal sponsorship process.

My background - I completed my soft landing as single in Oct 2019 and was here for 10 days & went back as I had to complete my project. During that, I got married [Feb 2020] and I came back on 15th March 2020. Now I want to apply for spousal sponsorship. I have downloaded country specific forms along with all other required forms.

I have few basic queries to start with, if you can help me please. I'm in Canada and spouse is in India.

I understood how to fill the form, print them and add signatures from the experienced members of this forum. Below are the additional queries as of now:

1. How to show proof of relationship? Please elaborate as much as possible.
2. My wife's passport has her father's name as middle name. My name is there as spouse name & we do have marriage certificate. Is it good enough? or does she need to apply for new passport which has my name as middle name?
3. What should be the address of my wife? As her passport has address of her father. But we do have marriage certificate which shows my address. Is it enough?
4. Form 1344 - should there be separate copy filled by me & another one to be filled by spouse or combined one?
5. Due to on going issue of virus, I haven't started job and at home only. Will that create any issue or should I wait till I get job & then apply for her visa?
6. How should I order all the forms? Do I need anything like Index to explain the order/forms along with things I included?
7. I have also downloaded all the required forms as per my understanding. Forms which I have downloaded are as follows;
5669e, imm0008, imm1344, imm5406e, imm5476e, imm5532e, imm5533e, imm5562e

Do I need anything else? or should I remove any form from above list?
1. The checklist is very clear about what is required as proof.

2. She doesn't have to change her name at all.

3. The actual address where she lives. The address in her passport is irrelevant.

4. Just one copy.

5. You don't need a job but you do need to show how you will support yourselves in Canada without welfare.

6. Follow the checklist. You don't need an index.

7. Checklist.

Reactions: vinay16

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Understood your points.

regarding point-3, will that create any issue if address in passport and current address is different? Do I need to show anything as proof?
1. The checklist is very clear about what is required as proof.

2. She doesn't have to change her name at all.

3. The actual address where she lives. The address in her passport is irrelevant.

4. Just one copy.

5. You don't need a job but you do need to show how you will support yourselves in Canada without welfare.

6. Follow the checklist. You don't need an index.

7. Checklist.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Understood your points.

regarding point-3, will that create any issue if address in passport and current address is different? Do I need to show anything as proof?
No. As I said, the address in the passport is irrelevant.

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Thank you. I have filled the form 1344 & started to fill the form IMM008.

I'm stuck with few things in IMM008 form which are as follows:
1 Few checkboxes aren't selectable. Using adobe acrobat DC Pro What should I do?
a. Q-6 Have you received CSQ?
b. Passport tab - Q-5 & Q-6 - can't select "NO" checkbox
2 What should be answer in case of national identity document? My wife lives in India.
3. Current occupation & intended occupation - should I find and write similar NOC or just text mentioning her occupation?
4. Language details - "C" - in which language are you at ease? - I can't write or select anything
5. Should I remove dependent or should I write my details there as I'm her spouse? I'm not sure about this
6. consent area - first name - last name - should I write that after printing out form as I'm unable to enter details there. I know info will be of my spouse.

No. As I said, the address in the passport is irrelevant.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you. I have filled the form 1344 & started to fill the form IMM008.

I'm stuck with few things in IMM008 form which are as follows:
1 Few checkboxes aren't selectable. Using adobe acrobat DC Pro What should I do?
a. Q-6 Have you received CSQ?
b. Passport tab - Q-5 & Q-6 - can't select "NO" checkbox
2 What should be answer in case of national identity document? My wife lives in India.
3. Current occupation & intended occupation - should I find and write similar NOC or just text mentioning her occupation?
4. Language details - "C" - in which language are you at ease? - I can't write or select anything
5. Should I remove dependent or should I write my details there as I'm her spouse? I'm not sure about this
6. consent area - first name - last name - should I write that after printing out form as I'm unable to enter details there. I know info will be of my spouse.
1. Nothing. They are greyed out because they don't apply.

2. If India doesn't have a national ID, N/A.

3. Whatever she wants, doesn't matter.

4. Again, greyed out for a reason.

5. As stated right on the form, Canadian citizens/PRs aren't dependents.

6. Yes.

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Thank you for the reply again.

For 5th point, should I remove that section from the form by clicking "remove dependent" or keep that as it is?

1. Nothing. They are greyed out because they don't apply.

2. If India doesn't have a national ID, N/A.

3. Whatever she wants, doesn't matter.

4. Again, greyed out for a reason.

5. As stated right on the form, Canadian citizens/PRs aren't dependents.

6. Yes.