+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visa OWP

Rupali84

Jul 10, 2014
I am currently on Student Visa doing my Masters in Biotechnology from Windsor. Also currently employed with an Animal Hospital as Veterinary Technician. My student visa is valid till 2015.

I want to clarify that I got married in August 2013 and My wife in India applied for Open Work Permit in September 2013 (2 weeks after Marriage). At the time of her application I had reached Canada and started my September intake in Canada. Unfortunately my wife didn't get the visa on these grounds:
1. Her Travel History
2. Her family ties in India and Canada
3. Financial Stability
4. Employment opportunity in India and Canada
5. And Her ineligibility for Open Work Permit.

I want to tell that she holds two master degrees (Mass Communication and LLB). She has score of IELTS as 7 bands. She also has TOEFL and GRE Score available.
Now she is trying once again, please suggest what best documents can she use to assure Visa. Any genuine advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
Rupali84 said:
I am currently on Student Visa doing my Masters in Biotechnology from Windsor. Also currently employed with an Animal Hospital as Veterinary Technician. My student visa is valid till 2015.

I want to clarify that I got married in August 2013 and My wife in India applied for Open Work Permit in September 2013 (2 weeks after Marriage). At the time of her application I had reached Canada and started my September intake in Canada. Unfortunately my wife didn't get the visa on these grounds:
1. Her Travel History
Did she travel somewhere? If yes, why would they reject her based on travel history?
2. Her family ties in India and Canada It should be only one with either India or Canada?
3. Financial Stability That could be the possible reason. Since you are student she may require more fund to show.
4. Employment opportunity in India and Canada. She does not require employment in Canada to apply for OWP based on your visa status.
5. And Her ineligibility for Open Work Permit. She is eligible because she is a wife of foreign student.

I want to tell that she holds two master degrees (Mass Communication and LLB). She has score of IELTS as 7 bands. She also has TOEFL and GRE Score available.
Now she is trying once again, please suggest what best documents can she use to assure Visa. Any genuine advice will be appreciated.

Make sure show enough funds. i don't know how much but may be around CAD 15000. If I were you, I would apply for the GCMS notes before re-apply to know the exact reason of rejection. Secondly, the gound you have mentioned doesn't sound to me specific reason. It more general template letter. They should have given you one specific reason of rejection. Try to order GCMS notes.

Thanks

Rupali84

Jul 10, 2014
Thanks for your reply.
1. I want to clarify that She has traveled to Thailand when she was unmarried. It was just on tourism purpose.
2. She has me in Canada and rest whole family in India (Both Parental and In-Laws) Aren't these enough ties?
3. She has shown more that 10,000 Dollars in previous file.
4. She is practicing Law in a private Firm as assistant legal adviser. Hence she has enough Employment opportunity in India.
5. And As she is my legally wedded wife, there must not be any ineligibility factor applicable for her file of OWP.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
what documents did ur wife add ..did she add ur study permit and visa copies? also $10000 is not enough u need to show ur fees for 1 year + ur expenses($10000) + $4000..if u have already paid ur fees then attach copies of fee receipt etc but u need to show both ur expenses..and ot just $4000 ..u should show that u have money for both of u......i believe funds is the most important factor for SOWP....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

Rupali84

Jul 10, 2014
We had her CAIPS Notes, which mention that Our marriage is not genuine. Even though She attached the ceremony pictures and some pictures of our courtship period too. She had also attached our Chat Conversation of last three years.

What else will prove that our marriage is genuine.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Rupali84 said:
We had her CAIPS Notes, which mention that Our marriage is not genuine. Even though She attached the ceremony pictures and some pictures of our courtship period too. She had also attached our Chat Conversation of last three years.

What else will prove that our marriage is genuine.
did u attach marriage certificate?

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a feeling CIC generally is a bit skeptical about Recent Marriages when it comes to their authenticity. That's just my feeling, I could be wrong. They've had so many cases of "marriages of convenience" that its hardly surprising. I recently applied for an open work permit along with my wife and just got the letter from CIC requesting me to submit my PP. We've been married for the last 4 years. Here are some of the things I included in my application:

1) Marriage Certificate
2) Joint Bank Account Statements overseas as well as in India.
3) Mutual Funds, Shares stocks etc that we both share.
4) Schedule 1 form which disclosed we'd travelled to over 15 countries together. That was enough to give an impression to the Visa officer of the authenticity of our marriage.
5) Previous Dependent cards my wife held in other countries where we both lived together.

If I were you, I'd also add an SOP with the documents you shared before pleading that you cannot live without your wife and find it hard to focus on your education. It would also help if your father in law could get a notarised attestation stating your wife has some stake in the property, wherever they live (considering if that's possible). This would show the visa officer that your wife is liable to return home after you have completed your education.

Hope that helped.

Rupali84

Jul 10, 2014
Dear Kaulvirus,

Your answer was really helpful. But in my case marriage is just 10 months old and even in that period We were together just for 1 month. That includes our honeymoon period.

My wife has me as her Nominee in Bank account. And our honeymoon Travel details are available in form of Pictures, Hotel booking and Air tickets. Will that help?

Anah

Jul 12, 2013
Hi everyone, i hope someone can help me regarding my queries

I am applying for SOWP and study permit for my 2 kids(9 and 4 yrs old).My husband is still TFW, not yet applied for PR status. My question is:

1/ Does my kids will be allowed to study public primary school on Canada eventhough were not yet PR?
Or my kids are only allowed to study in private institution.

Please help. Thanks!

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rupali84 said:
Dear Kaulvirus,

Your answer was really helpful. But in my case marriage is just 10 months old and even in that period We were together just for 1 month. That includes our honeymoon period.

My wife has me as her Nominee in Bank account. And our honeymoon Travel details are available in form of Pictures, Hotel booking and Air tickets. Will that help?
Yes I think that could help. Try and form a letter around that scenario where you can present to the visa officer that your marriage is genuine and you need your wife with you. I think it would also help if you wife's company could write a letter saying "she will join back after her stay in Canada etc". I don't know if its possible but it's just a thought.