+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visa: Biometrics Done! What comes Next?

iwick

Jul 10, 2021
Hello there, I submit my spouse visa application on June 1st 2021 and my wife got her biometrics request at the end of July. She submitted her biometrics on the 10th of August. Nothing since then from IRCC. My question is what comes next in the process? is it the medical? and usually how long does it take for the next step to take place?

Shukaib Ahmed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Hello there, I submit my spouse visa application on June 1st 2021 and my wife got her biometrics request at the end of July. She submitted her biometrics on the 10th of August. Nothing since then from IRCC. My question is what comes next in the process? is it the medical? and usually how long does it take for the next step to take place?
Yes the next step will be medical and Sponsor approval .. it can be random

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is a long process. Applications from Sri Lanka often take 1+ Years to process especially if you need an interview.

iwick

Jul 10, 2021
This is a long process. Applications from Sri Lanka often take 1+ Years to process especially if you need an interview.
My AOR, Sponsor approval and Biometrics request came within 2 months time, and for the past one month I didnt hear anything. Maybe I should keep my expectations low. :) Thanks for the info.