+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse TRV refused..

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Grounds for refusal:

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

The purpose of the visit was a birthday. We had no issues with funds or anything else. Even notarized two letters (from me and wife) stating that we know consequences of overstaying and the impact on our PR).

So how else can we prove it.

This is so stupid that we can't even visit our loved ones.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Unfortunately, this is what happens with spouses. There are only a few cases I've read here where spouses with pending PRs (or even spouses without pending PRs) have been granted TRVs.

The risk is that your wife would just overstay and wait out the PR. A notarized letter doesn't balance out against that - IRCC cannot enforce a notarized letter, it's just a letter that you paid a notary to stamp as being an original document.

Ties and unavoidable obligations home would help, but may not be enough - because a spouse on a tourist visa is just too much risk of not being a genuine visitor.

You could request GCMS notes to see the officer's reasoning, but I suspect it will be something like: "Applicant is the PA of a family class PR application, and purpose of visit is to visit sponsor for birthday. Given lack of ties to their country of residence and unclear obligations at home, I am not satisfied the Application is a genuine visitor."