+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse TRV or OWP

Divyanshuy8

Jan 16, 2020
Good Evening All

I am currently working in Calgary on ICT workpermit for skilled workers and I am trying to get my wife( married in December after dating for 2 years ) here.

I applied for her visitor visa in November which was refused for the reasons mentioned in the appendix section of the thread.

Post marriage I tried for Spouse TRV in December which was also rejected with addition of reason for travel history, even though this time we had traveled to Maldives as well.

Now need your support in identifying my next steps. Should i apply for visitor visa again or should I go for Open work permit . What additional documents should i add this time. Should I wait for some time before applying?

Additional Details

My Details

1.) Visa Status : Work Permit ICT expiring in 2021
2.) Annual Salary : ~90 K CAD
3.) Landed in Canada : June 2019
4.) Nationality : Indian

Appendix

Rejection Reason

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Most definitely apply for an Open Work Permit with your wife as the primary applicant. Also, provide a LoE signed by you, stating your situation, how you are already working in Canada on a valid WP and you would like your family to join you for the remainder of your employment. Attach contract, pay stubs, service letter, marriage proof etc. As much as you can. Also do not forget to mention the previous rejections in the new application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree. TRV is for temporary visits which is why you were refused. SOWP is the way to go. I would also include some proof of the length of your relationship because there tends to be more questioning when you apply for a visa for your spouse as soon as you get back.

Reactions: Divyanshuy8

S.sondus

Apr 15, 2022
Hello everyone , am sorry for writing herer as am new to this forum , am note sure how to write a new thread , I need help please , basically I applied for a vistor visa as my husband is Canadian , and I got a refusal stating these reasons :

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• Your husband should submit a sponsorship application for you.

So now we are planning to apply for the sponsorship first then re-apply for the visitor visa again but as for the first 2 reasons , am just wondering how respond to them knowing that Im working a part time job and am the only one living with my parents.

Thank you so much for your help in advance.