+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Tourist Visa Rejected

ASP

Aug 3, 2014
Dear All,

I came to Canada to pursue my master in May 2014 and hold student visa which is expiring in 2016.

My husband applied for tourist visa twice in June & July 2014, both time it was rejected on grounds of:

1) Evidence to prove that you will return to the country (intent was to return back to the country - and apply for open work permit in the next visit since he was currently employed) &

2) Finances (despite of showing enough bank balance amounting to more than $20,000)

Now our situation is so stressful after these rejection and possibly can afford to get another rejection. We do not know how to proceed - should we apply for open work permit or not...as I have read so many forums wherein there were instances of open work permit being rejected as well. Technically, he is entitled to get an open work permit..so why are cases like these still getting rejected? How can we make our case stronger?

Please guide us as to what are the next step?

Thanks!

asim abbas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2008
Try Open work permit. One of the lady in this forum has had her husband applied for open work permit. Two days ago I saw her post where she gave a list of documents she got her husband submitted to cic. You search that post that mighty help you.

ASP

Aug 3, 2014
Sure, but how often does Open Work Permit given to spouse easily? Are the as stringent as they are in case of Tourist Visa?

How can I look up that lady, could you please help..i am new to this forum!

momars09

May 20, 2014
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
UPFRONT 08-07-2014
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2014
LANDED..........
1-09-2014
ASP said:
Dear All,

I came to Canada to pursue my master in May 2014 and hold student visa which is expiring in 2016.

My husband applied for tourist visa twice in June & July 2014, both time it was rejected on grounds of:

1) Evidence to prove that you will return to the country (intent was to return back to the country - and apply for open work permit in the next visit since he was currently employed) &

2) Finances (despite of showing enough bank balance amounting to more than $20,000)

Now our situation is so stressful after these rejection and possibly can afford to get another rejection. We do not know how to proceed - should we apply for open work permit or not...as I have read so many forums wherein there were instances of open work permit being rejected as well. Technically, he is entitled to get an open work permit..so why are cases like these still getting rejected? How can we make our case stronger?

Please guide us as to what are the next step?

Thanks!
apply for spouse open work permit, its the best option if you want your spouse to join you..

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I recently got an open work permit on my wife's student visa but we both applied together. It took our application 3+ months to process but I am a living testament of the fact that open work permit's are still provided albeit not that easily.

sam89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
in my views your situation is getting difficult as you already had 2 refusal,
try to remember what you mentioned in your form , that you should leave your husband behind and he is not travelling with you, right?
if i am right .......what changes happen that your husband applying tourist visa just after a month time, so suspicious ....

any case gets more strong when you mentioned that you are leaving behind your family , these are strong tie to back home,

i can write much more about all but i hope you got my point.

ASP

Aug 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback.

Sam89, I totally get your point and the purpose initially was to travel only as a tourist as he could leave his job and was only visiting me. However, he would have eventually resigned and joined me.

So now that he can resigned and come, these two rejections have made his case difficult. Can he now now apply for OWP...? And if he can how to we go about making his case stronger?

We are currently living apart for 3mnths now...pls suggest us on how to proceed further.

sam89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
other seniors might have different views ,
i would suggest to wait atleast 6 months as you got only one card left to play and that is OWP.