+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship

pandyama

May 31, 2021
I am a Canadian citizen and I have sponsored for my wife who's in india. Application is currently being processed at Delhi Visa Office.

Starting this september, I am attending a Masters program full time in another province. I am currently based in Ontario.

My question is when do I inform them about the change in my status (going from employed to student) as well as change in my address since I will be relocating to another province for the Masters. Do I just do this when my status has changed & I have moved?

Also, I just use the Visa Office's webform to submit this change request right?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I am a Canadian citizen and I have sponsored for my wife who's in india. Application is currently being processed at Delhi Visa Office.

Starting this september, I am attending a Masters program full time in another province. I am currently based in Ontario.

My question is when do I inform them about the change in my status (going from employed to student) as well as change in my address since I will be relocating to another province for the Masters. Do I just do this when my status has changed & I have moved?

Also, I just use the Visa Office's webform to submit this change request right?
As a sponsor it isnt necessary to inform ircc of employment status change once you have passed Sponsor Approval stage.
You can email them a change of address if you like, but if it were me I'd not bother with anything and just wait for ppr.

pandyama

May 31, 2021
As a sponsor it isnt necessary to inform ircc of employment status change once you have passed Sponsor Approval stage.
You can email them a change of address if you like, but if it were me I'd not bother with anything and just wait for ppr.
Really?? I would have never thought that, that would be ok to do. Tbh, I am going to let them know about starting the Masters.
Also, to update them about address change... i guess I should only do that once I have relocated? and, I have to send the Web Form to the Visa Office where the application is right now, right?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Really?? I would have never thought that, that would be ok to do. Tbh, I am going to let them know about starting the Masters.
Also, to update them about address change... i guess I should only do that once I have relocated? and, I have to send the Web Form to the Visa Office where the application is right now, right?
Correct.