NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Hello everyone,

Will I be able to sponsor my spouse if I am getting CERB ?

Thanks

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Who can’t become a sponsor
You can’t be a sponsor if you:

• have failed to pay:
    • an immigration loan
    • a performance bond
    • family support payments
  • have failed to provide for the basic needs of a previously-sponsored relative who received social assistance
  • are under a removal order
  • are in a penitentiary, jail, reformatory or prison
  • receive social assistance for a reason other than a disability
  • are still going through the process of bankruptcy (undischarged bankruptcy)
  • have already applied to sponsor your current spouse, partner or child and a decision on your application hasn’t been made yet
  • were convicted of a violent or sexual offence, or an offence that caused bodily harm to a relative or you attempted or threatened to commit any of these offences

So CERB is not social assistance ?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Who can’t become a sponsor
You can’t be a sponsor if you:

• have failed to pay:
    • an immigration loan
    • a performance bond
    • family support payments
  • have failed to provide for the basic needs of a previously-sponsored relative who received social assistance
  • are under a removal order
  • are in a penitentiary, jail, reformatory or prison
  • receive social assistance for a reason other than a disability
  • are still going through the process of bankruptcy (undischarged bankruptcy)
  • have already applied to sponsor your current spouse, partner or child and a decision on your application hasn’t been made yet
  • were convicted of a violent or sexual offence, or an offence that caused bodily harm to a relative or you attempted or threatened to commit any of these offences

So CERB is not social assistance ?
No,CERB is not social assistance

Reactions: The Robust

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Hi

So I have been in the pool since 11th March after CES took 5 months to evaluate both degrees. Lost points in April and currently standing at 469. I have started French lessons but by the time I appear for the test and update the profile, I would have lost more points sure to age in April 2021.

My fiance and I have living apart for this entire duration. He is a PR of Canada. We thought FSW might be the fastest way to reunite and hence that was our first option. Now it just looks the end of the tunnel with FSW.

I have heard spouse sponsorship takes a while and is taking even longer at the moment. I have a stable job in India and was recently appraised as well. Been with the company for over 3 years. My immediate family stays here and I just have a car here, no property. So what are the chances of TRV so at least we can be together for a while.

And any idea about the fastest route forward? Would really appreciate any help.

Niginaa1

Feb 6, 2020
Hi,
I submitted my husband application on May 2020, I haven’t received any email from immigration regarding my application. Is this a normal wait time for them to email me that they received my application and they can take me to the next step? Pls help!