+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship

Feb 25, 2019
Hi,

I have been reading all the post regarding spouse sponsorship.I have some confusion regarding which option should i opt for as i have not got the clear answer regarding it. If you can answer my situation it would be really great help.

I am a PR holder of Canada and currently residing in Canada. Recently i went back to India and got engaged. I am planning to get married in few months. But i have two situations with me to sponsor my wife but unsure which one to opt for.

Option 1:
I can call my fiance in August and we can do a registered marriage in Toronto and apply for inland application and for her work permit(which my consultant told me took approx 5 months till we get work permit). After obtaining her work permit we can go back to India and do all the Indian ceremonies. I also want to know would it be possible for her to travel while her inland application is in process as some forum says you cannot travel while the application is in process.

Option 2:
I can go back to India, get married there and then bring my wife with me on tourist visa and then file an inland application for her.

Can you please help me which option to opt for, which is the fastest and simplest way so that i can make my decision accordingly.

Thanks

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
As i understand you are in Canada and you fiance is in India, so have 2 options:
1.Go there and get married (you cant call or have proxy marriage), then come back here and apply for an outland sponsorship. She will have to wait in India during the process unless you get get a visitor visa for her (which is not very likely)
2. Get a visitor visa for here, get her to Canada and apply for an inland sponsorship with OWP. You can get married in India (but then less likely that she will get a visitor visa) or in Canada (easier but still not sure she can get a visa)

And BTW, if you have a consultant that cant answer this for you, its a little problem....

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
As i understand you are in Canada and you fiance is in India, so have 2 options:
1.Go there and get married (you cant call or have proxy marriage), then come back here and apply for an outland sponsorship. She will have to wait in India during the process unless you get get a visitor visa for her (which is not very likely)
2. Get a visitor visa for here, get her to Canada and apply for an inland sponsorship with OWP. You can get married in India (but then less likely that she will get a visitor visa) or in Canada (easier but still not sure she can get a visa)

And BTW, if you have a consultant that cant answer this for you, its a little problem....
PROXY marriage is NOT recognized in Canada! DO NOT DO THAT!

Feb 25, 2019

Thanks for your reply.

Would like to bring in notice that she already got a visitor visa.So can i just get married in India and bring her with me and file an Inland application instead outland application. Thanks