+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship

zak97

Dec 22, 2018
My question has to do with a spousal sponsorship application. I'm currently preparing my application. The IMM 0008 form is giving me problems when it comes to the dependents part.

Should my spouse include her parents and siblings as dependents if she wants to sponsor them at a later date? Does each dependent require photocopies of their birth certificate as proof.

This seems like a lot of work as my spouse has quite a large family. Any help would be appreciated, especially whether or not parents/siblings can be listed as dependents.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Dependant
A spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a permanent resident or principal applicant.

your spouse siblings and parents are not dependents.....and should not be dependent in IMM0008......fill your spouse siblings in IMM5406 section C and parents in IMM5406 section A.

refer....checklist.....IDENTITY DOCUMENTS, TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS

Birth certificates or baptismal certificates for yourself (and all your dependents, if applicable – whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not).

the principal applicant needs to provide their birth certificate and also for all their dependent children.

zak97

Dec 22, 2018
Also for the Additional family information IMM5406, what should i do if my spouse has more than 3 siblings but there is only 3 available rows? Should i add a separate piece of paper?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Also for the Additional family information IMM5406, what should i do if my spouse has more than 3 siblings but there is only 3 available rows? Should i add a separate piece of paper?
Yes, you can use a separate sheet to list them all. Same goes for anything else in the forms that you feel could use more explaining - you can always use a separate sheet of paper for an explanation.

zak97

Dec 22, 2018
Also for the 5406 form when it comes to my spouses present address this is kinda tricky. Should i just put the city and country as there are no addresses? Or should I put my address as i'm her representative? Thanks again