+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse sponsorship

cute

Star Member
Mar 8, 2008
Hi All,
I have couple of questions about spouse sponsorship, please clarify....

I am living and working in Canada ( PR holder, applied citizenship), I am planning to get married in India and want to sponsor my wife after my wedding.
My Questions:
1.I want to send sponsorship application first and then apply visitor visa, so what are the chances her to get visitor visa?

2. what is the current processing time at delhi consulate( spouse sponsorship)?

3. If she applies visit visa before wedding, what are her chances to get it?

4. Incase if she get visit visa( before wedding) , after wedding( while her sponsorship case is underprocessing at New Delhi office) can she visit Canada and stay with me?

Thanks in advance!!!!

hemanshu

Sep 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2013
AOR Received.
27-03-2013
File Transfer...
27-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-02-2013
Interview........
Waived on July 27
Passport Req..
19-04-2013 (Missed as per the GCMS notes twice)
VISA ISSUED...
Passport Stamped November 8 and Passport Received November 14
LANDED..........
November 15 (Ready to board from New Delhi)
cute said:
Hi All,
I have couple of questions about spouse sponsorship, please clarify....

I am living and working in Canada ( PR holder, applied citizenship), I am planning to get married in India and want to sponsor my wife after my wedding.
My Questions:
1.I want to send sponsorship application first and then apply visitor visa, so what are the chances her to get visitor visa?

2. what is the current processing time at delhi consulate( spouse sponsorship)?

3. If she applies visit visa before wedding, what are her chances to get it?

4. Incase if she get visit visa( before wedding) , after wedding( while her sponsorship case is underprocessing at New Delhi office) can she visit Canada and stay with me?

Thanks in advance!!!!
Hi friends,

First of all dont take chances of applying visitor visa. If by some reason they decline it and later when you apply for her sponsorship you are going to land in trouble. Secondly we cannot comment on the wait time, I personally had applied for my wifes sponsorship since march and have not recieved anything yet. Maybe its because of the strike or maybe the work load had increased so much that they are going slow. Its Delhi Embassy anything can happen there. Right now they are issuing visas for Jan to Feb 2013 applicants so by this you can count the time frame.

cute

Star Member
Mar 8, 2008
Thanks Hemanshu,

can you pls explain this statement- If by some reason they decline it and later when you apply for her sponsorship you are going to land in trouble.

M

mikeymyke

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.pdf

Read the right side of the form. See all those "red flag" questions? One of the questions asks, if you've ever been refused a visitor visa.

M

mikeymyke

Yes, that's why I told my fiance it would be a bad idea to apply for a visitor visa now, because if she gets denied, it will be a red flag on our application. Besides, the way we see it, whether she visits me, or I visit her it doesn't matter. Flight ticket costs the same either way, and when I visit her, at least we can both see each other. It's not worth it to try, and not worth the hassle if they call you for an interview for it, delaying your application by a year.

Jul 22, 2013
If you guys miss each other, just apply for the visa. If she has ties with her country and enough money, there's no problem.

I got a visa and applied outland. I can't be apart from my husband.
But if this is fine for you, then good luck.