+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship- Wife is Pregnant

George84

Aug 20, 2019
Dear members,

I'm a PR holder and left Canada after soft landing in December 2019. The reason I left Canada was to complete unfinished businesses and to get married. Now, my wife is 2 months pregnant and I'm planning to move back to Canada permanently.
Can anyone has a good answer guide me from where I should start the sponsorship application and how could my wife pregnancy affect the application.

Thanks in advance

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
Dear members,

I'm a PR holder and left Canada after soft landing in December 2019. The reason I left Canada was to complete unfinished businesses and to get married. Now, my wife is 2 months pregnant and I'm planning to move back to Canada permanently.
Can anyone has a good answer guide me from where I should start the sponsorship application and how could my wife pregnancy affect the application.

Thanks in advance
Read through this:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
A very well defined process to follow.

Your wife's pregnancy will have no affect on the process, approximate time is 12 months (anything early is a bonus) and since you're a PR you cannot stay out of Canada while application is in process (a small trip for week or 2 is fine)
Good Luck.

Reactions: George84

George84

Aug 20, 2019
Read through this:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
A very well defined process to follow.

Your wife's pregnancy will have no affect on the process, approximate time is 12 months (anything early is a bonus) and since you're a PR you cannot stay out of Canada while application is in process (a small trip for week or 2 is fine)
Good Luck.
Thanks so much for taking time out replying.
Do I have to consider my wife's pregnancy when I start the application, I mean to make another application for the child? Is there any chance for my wife to give birth in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes pregnancy could delay the sponsorship process. If a chest x-ray is required and you, your wife and your OB don't feel comfortable doing rhe x-ray the panel physician does the rest of the medical and sends and alerts CIC that chest x-ray will be conpleted after the birth.

George84

Aug 20, 2019
Yes pregnancy could delay the sponsorship process. If a chest x-ray is required and you, your wife and your OB don't feel comfortable doing rhe x-ray the panel physician does the rest of the medical and sends and alerts CIC that chest x-ray will be conpleted after the birth.
Thanks a lot. Appreciated.
One more question please, is it okay for me, in case my wife gives birth outside Canada, to leave Canada to take care of her after giving birth ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
One more question please, is it okay for me, in case my wife gives birth outside Canada, to leave Canada to take care of her after giving birth ?
CIC seems to overlook a trip of 2-3 weeks during the inland sponsorship process. In general you are supposed to remain in Canada during the duration of sponsorship. We have seen people be denied if they spend too much time out of Canada.

George84

Aug 20, 2019
CIC seems to overlook a trip of 2-3 weeks during the inland sponsorship process. In general you are supposed to remain in Canada during the duration of sponsorship. We have seen people be denied if they spend too much time out of Canada.
Thanks a bunch :)

Wale_ha

Jan 4, 2022
What about if my wife is abroad and I am applying for outland sponsorship? Can I travel Easley for a longer time please?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What about if my wife is abroad and I am applying for outland sponsorship? Can I travel Easley for a longer time please?
If you are a Canadian citizen, then yes.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
A few weeks vacation is OK. Most ppl that apply for outland have their spouses abroad. What is special in your case?
PRs need to resident in Canada when they sponsor their spouses. (some ppl thinks it's OK to stay outside if they don't get caught. so it's up to you for the risk)

Wale_ha

Jan 4, 2022
A few weeks vacation is OK. Most ppl that apply for outland have their spouses abroad. What is special in your case?
PRs need to resident in Canada when they sponsor their spouses. (some ppl thinks it's OK to stay outside if they don't get caught. so it's up to you for the risk)
I'm asking about the law here. So basically I am supposed to be living in Canada during my sponsorship. It is properly accepted to have a vacation up to a month I guess. I just want to know the correct thing not to have risks.

Yashsaxena

Mar 23, 2022
I'm asking about the law here. So basically I am supposed to be living in Canada during my sponsorship. It is properly accepted to have a vacation up to a month I guess. I just want to know the correct thing not to have risks.
I am in a similar situation..my wife is expecting in February...I have applied for her spouse visa..I have informed them that I will travel to India for a month ...I hope that won't affect my application