+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship " who will receive the correspondences "

Jul 27, 2018
hello , i am a Canadian citizen. i want to sponsor my husband. i know i will have to apply for my husband for the sponsorship. I just want to know that will my husband receive all the correspondence like aor, medical request as a principle applicant? or I "as a sponsor" will receive all the correspondence on my mailing address?

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
You and your spouse will both receive AOR1 with different UCI numbers, you as a sponsor will also receive a sponsorship approval email (if you indicated your email address in the form) and the application transfer email (when they send the application to the local VO). All the other correspondence like medical request will go to PAs email address or to his GCkey account if the application was linked.

Jul 27, 2018
You and your spouse will both receive AOR1 with different UCI numbers, you as a sponsor will also receive a sponsorship approval email (if you indicated your email address in the form) and the application transfer email (when they send the application to the local VO). All the other correspondence like medical request will go to PAs email address or to his GCkey account if the application was linked.
Thank you.
I have another question. Principal applicant is living outside Canada, he has different residential address then me.
DO we need to submit any authorize to representative form along with the application? will i automatically become a representative as a sponsor and link application to my gic account or only PA wil be allowed to link his application?

Jul 27, 2018
when your application is returned, do you get refund automatically or you can use the same payment receipt when you submit your application again?

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
I’m pretty sure you can use the same receipt but maybe someone else could confirm.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Thank you.
I have another question. Principal applicant is living outside Canada, he has different residential address then me.
DO we need to submit any authorize to representative form along with the application? will i automatically become a representative as a sponsor and link application to my gic account or only PA wil be allowed to link his application?
If you want to become your spouses representative then you need to submit that representative form along with your application. You won’t automatically become a representative as a sponsor. But it’s not a problem anyway that you have different residential addresses because all the correspondence gets send via email or GCkey account anyway (that’s if you provided your email addresses in the application of course).