Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hypno73 said:
.but I have heard that they can refuse my wife's entry even with an application filed.
No, actually most applicants come to Canada and show proof that the outland app has already been submitted. Odds are they will not refuse her entry, as long as she stresses she will abide by visitor rules.

Hypno73

Sep 23, 2014
Are you sure Rob? I have read that its a huge risk and that they would ask for proof (work letter, return ticket) that you intend to leave Canada and that some will even stamp a 3 month visa instead of 6 and in worst cases even refuse entry.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Even if they stamp 3 months (or 1 month) when she enters, she can apply for an extension and get it easily. As long as she gets in, I don't think it really matters how much time she has. The only difference is how soon she needs to apply for an extension.

Well, it is Some risk, but it also depends on some factors, such as if your wife is from a visa exempt country, she is less likely to be turned away at the border. Also, you could buy a fully refundable "return" ticket and refund it after you enter Canada.

Of course, at the border, she will not say she is moving to Canada. She should not bring too much luggage (a couple of suitcases is fine, but not household goods and furniture) and she should bring proof of having applied for PR. She should make it clear that she understands that she is a visitor and is able and willing to leave when she has to. Proof of having applied for PR is good because that shows she knows the rules and wants to follow the rules.

The thing is, whether you arrive in Canada then file the application, or whether you file the application and then come to Canada - doesn't make much of a difference at all. At least showing proof of PR application will show that you and your wife have made concrete plans for the future. (Instead of a couple who might enter Canada not having fully thought out PR and end up overstaying or something.)

Hypno73

Sep 23, 2014
I see your point about proof of application when entering..well I'm going to have to think things over and see what's best. In the mean time my son will be born Jan.2015 and I might wait till then to file like that all the info will be updated and I can have medicals ready for both.

Another question, once my son is born home much time is need to get passport and Canadian certificate?

Thanks