+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship- Inadmisibilty based on Financial reasons

Siva

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Hi I sponsored my husband who is in Sri Lanka and I am on ODSP. He was refused of the PR in September 2013. He was refused under Financial reasons.

Financial reasons

39. A foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made.

Only reason they refused his visa was because I was on ODSP. We provided everything including my husbands employment history, his education and he is an accountant. I provided my savings account and my parents tax forms and the visa officer refused because I didn't meet LICO. Now we have appealed the case in toronto. I wanted to know if there is any one with a similar situation and how they over came this. If anyone knows how long it will take to process the appeal and what are the chances that I will win it. I hired Niren and associates as my lawyer to represent me. I hope to hear from someone. Thanks in advance

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Hmm... I don't think it is because you are on disability otherwise, they wouldn't have approved you to sponsor him in the first place. Does your husband have children? I believe that is where LICO comes in or if you have other undertakings(e.g. sponsored your parents).

BossJosh

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Man that is scary, i didn't know that the person being sponsored can be denied due to financial reasons, I thought this reason would be non applicable, under the spousal sponsorship category. Now I am worried of my own case because they can deny me for the same reason, due to my poor job history. My wife is sponsoring me to come up there.

Yet I'm wondering, what made the government think that your husband wasn't able to, and not willing to support himself and yourself once he moves there, if he is in fact an accountant?

I hope you get a real explanation on the reason why soon.

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
It is indeed weird, I would definitely suggest getting your GCMS notes and see what exactly the officer saw/noted in your case

BossJosh

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here are some folks from last year talking about your issue maybe this will help you out, until someone with experience replies.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t87619.0.html;msg1788952#msg1788952