+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship different than the sponsored region !

Sherzad

Feb 27, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I am from Afghanistan residing in Istanbul Turkey. My wife is a Quebecois Canadian citizen. And now we want to start spouse sponsorship. Since there is no embassy of Canada in my country, Afghans need to go Islamabad of Pakistan to follow their application. But we decided to do it through Turkey since the sponsorship process is about 11 months and Pakistan 36 months.

But now the questions that we want to know the answers are that,
My wife is Quebecois and how do we start sponsorship from the beginning? As a Quebecois citizen, should we apply first for CSQ (Certificate Selection Quebec) or apply through CIC Mississauga ? or do we need to apply for both ? if so, which one first ?

How can we start all our sponsorship application through Istanbul if my wife is also here in Istanbul Turkey ? Do we need to send our application by post to Quebec CSQ or CIC Mississauga since my wife is outside of Canada ? if so, what documents and papers we need to send to CSQ or CIC if we are suppose to send to both ?

And any idea about the processing time from Istanbul for all the process would be appreciated :)

Thanks in advance !

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sherzad said:
But we decided to do it through Turkey since the sponsorship process is about 11 months and Pakistan 36 months.

As a Quebecois citizen, should we apply first for CSQ (Certificate Selection Quebec) or apply through CIC Mississauga ? or do we need to apply for both ? if so, which one first ?

How can we start all our sponsorship application through Istanbul if my wife is also here in Istanbul Turkey ? Do we need to send our application by post to Quebec CSQ or CIC Mississauga since my wife is outside of Canada ? if so, what documents and papers we need to send to CSQ or CIC if we are suppose to send to both ?
Hi

You really need to do some more research on this process. What you need to include and where you need to send it is explained on the IRCC website and the Quebec website.

You don't get to choose where your app goes. IRCC will most likely send it to the VO for your nationality, which is actually London, not Islamabad.

You need to submit the sponsorship app to Mississauga. When they approve the sponsor, they will request that you apply for a CSQ.

Start here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp.