+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship - CRA Notice of Assessment

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
Hello,

I am filing applications to bring my wife under spouse sponsorship category. In that, CIC wants us to submit Notice of Assessment issued from CRA. (Under Employment/Source of Income category from checklists)

I landed in Canada on February 2018 only as a PR and started working from March onwards. I didn't have to submit any tax assessments hence.

My doubt is, do I still need to get this report from CRA? I am not even sure whether I will get this report.

Please advise.

Thanks

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hello,

I am filing applications to bring my wife under spouse sponsorship category. In that, CIC wants us to submit Notice of Assessment issued from CRA. (Under Employment/Source of Income category from checklists)

I landed in Canada on February 2018 only as a PR and started working from March onwards. I didn't have to submit any tax assessments hence.

My doubt is, do I still need to get this report from CRA? I am not even sure whether I will get this report.

Please advise.

Thanks
You just landed and in the checklist.......there is a note that says if you can't provide CRA NOA........provide an explanation.......so in your case provide explanation that you just landed in 2018 and include your employment letter and payslip to show that you are working and capable to provide financially to support your spouse.

Refer......checklist

If you cannot provide a Notice of Assessment or a proof of income statement (Option C) for the most recent taxation year, you must provide an explanation on a separate sheet of paper, accompanied by relevant supporting financial documentation to show how you can support the person(s) you are sponsoring

Crj001

Jan 26, 2018
Thanks Wakki. I will write an explanation letter with supporting documents.

Good Day!
Hello Dinodn,
What are some of the documents that you included? I followed your thread and appears your explanation without NOA worked out well.

Looking forward to your response.Thanks

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
Hello Dinodn,
What are some of the documents that you included? I followed your thread and appears your explanation without NOA worked out well.

Looking forward to your response.Thanks
I submitted my paystubs, my bank statements, credit card statements and a reference letter from my employer.
Also, a letter describing why I can't submit NOA and list of alternative documents which I mentioned above proving my financial status in Canada
Hope that helps

Reactions: Crj001

Crj001

Jan 26, 2018
I submitted my paystubs, my bank statements, credit card statements and a reference letter from my employer.
Also, a letter describing why I can't submit NOA and list of alternative documents which I mentioned above proving my financial status in Canada
Hope that helps
Thanks this is helpful. By reference letter u mean a typical job letter stating full time employee, position, salary?

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
Thanks this is helpful. By reference letter u mean a typical job letter stating full time employee, position, salary?
Hi. I just wanted to know how things went with your application? Which documents did you submit instead and did it work? if it did how long did it take to get approval?

Last edited:

Geep

Oct 31, 2018
I havent yet...i'll update when i do and get a feedback
@Crj001 how did your application go. Could you please share an update. I am in similar situation and planning to apply for spouse sponsorship. But I do not have a NOA or CRA. Thank you. I really appreciate it if you can share some info.