+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship Category

Ranj

Nov 10, 2009
I have applied for a PR visa under spouse sponsorship category. CIC London office started my process. But after a few months, I requested them to change my file to Sri Lanka. (Because, I am a Sri Lankan and I was in London under student visa and my UK visa expired at the time). One month later, my online status shown 'Withdrawn'. That said 'A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision'. After a couple of weeks, I got a letter from London office. They clearly stated that they transfered my file to Sri Lanka and also mentioned 'Sri Lanka office will contact you and give new file number. Please allow atleast 2 months to transfer according to postal delays.
But this is the 5th month. I did not get any information from Sri Lanka office regarding my file till today and they say 'We did not receive any file from London'.
London office says 'We sent your file to Sri Lanka'.
With that, no changes on online status as well (Withdrawn). I am really confused.

PLS ADVISE ME!!!

ambar

Star Member
Dec 1, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2010
Doc's Request.
15-06-2010
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
I think you should try contacting the London office and asking them if they can provide you with the new file number,
I think you first need to find that out so you can call up the Sri Lankan office then and tell them that this is your
file number and then they should be able to track it down for you.

I'm sorry that they are giving you such a tough time but hang in there! I'm sure things will be solved soon but definately
see if they can help you locate your file number.

If this does not work, possibly try and take this issue to your local MP (if you are the sponsor) or if you are the applicant
then have spouse do this and see if the MP can help you figure out where your file is exactly.

Ranj

Nov 10, 2009
Thanks for your prompt reply. I mailed to London office. They replied, 'We don't keep your records after we sent your file to Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka office will provide a new file number when they received your file'

Thanks again...

ambar

Star Member
Dec 1, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2010
Doc's Request.
15-06-2010
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Then I think asking the help of an MP is the next best thing to do, so whoever the sponsor is (whether it is you or your spouse) should get into contact with them and see if they can help you out regarding this matter.

mr-canada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Ranj,
I am keen to know what happened with your case and also as to when and how did u request for the change in visa office. I am asking this coz i am a canadaian PR holder and have applied for my spouse's sponsorship. She is an indian citizen but lives & works in UAE. On her application (we submitted on april 4, 2010) we wrote Abu dhabi as visa proc office but now want to change that to New Delhi. We are not sure if and how can we go about with this.
If you could please share your experience, it would be nice. Thank you very much. Hope to hear from you soon as we need to do the change at the earliest.
thanks again.....
mr-canada.

Ranj said:
Thanks for your prompt reply. I mailed to London office. They replied, 'We don't keep your records after we sent your file to Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka office will provide a new file number when they received your file'

Thanks again...