+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship application

kanza_iftikhar

May 25, 2017
Hello Everyone,

My application is sponsorship spouse outside Canada. I submitted my application at CPC Mississauga and it my application got delivered on 5th May 2017, but I did not get any response yet.

Please help how would I know where is my file?

how can I check my application status without application number?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello!

My application is sponsorship spouse outside Canada. I submitted my application at CPC Mississauga and it my application got delivered on 5th May 2017, but I did not get any response yet.

Please help how would I know where is my file?

how can I check my application status without application number?
You will not be able to until they correspond with you. You're still early yet it can take over a month for the first correspondence, so sit tight :)

kanza_iftikhar

May 25, 2017
You will not be able to until they correspond with you. You're still early yet it can take over a month for the first correspondence, so sit tight :)
my friend got her first response in a week of submitting her case through mail. so why not me?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
my friend got her first response in a week of submitting her case through mail. so why not me?
We got our first response after 13 days.

Some people are well past 30 days and still waiting.

It does not do well to compare yourself side by side to other cases - it will drive you crazy. It completely depends on which officer's desk your file lands on...how busy they are, how efficient they are, etc. I know it's hard and frustrating to wait, but you have to remain patient. People who submit after you will get news before you do and vice versa. It sucks, but it is the way it is :( I feel your pain though!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Your application depends on the VO looking through it. We're May 2nd applicants and hasn't receive anything yet.
Applications are not at VO at this stage - that is the second portion of the process after CPC Mississauga transfers it.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
what do you mean by VO?
Visa Office.

Your application will be looked over and reviewed at CPC Mississauga. They will ask for additional documentation, medical, police checks, etc here.

Once they affirm they have everything, they will transfer it to a Visa Office for processing. The VO depends on what country you are from.

kanza_iftikhar

May 25, 2017
Visa Office.

Your application will be looked over and reviewed at CPC Mississauga. They will ask for additional documentation, medical, police checks, etc here.

Once they affirm they have everything, they will transfer it to a Visa Office for processing. The VO depends on what country you are from.
I am the sponsor and my spouse who I am sponsoring is from Pakistan.