+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship application outland

hemant7788

Jun 1, 2023
Hi,

My Spouse will be travelling on visitor visa this month and her spousal family class sponsorship is in progress. I am not sure what should be the process when she arrives here. If her PPR comes after she arrives here, how it will be submitted? How should I inform IRCC that we she has arrived in Canada and we will wait for her sponsorship within Canada.

Thanks,
Hemant

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

My Spouse will be travelling on visitor visa this month and her spousal family class sponsorship is in progress. I am not sure what should be the process when she arrives here. If her PPR comes after she arrives here, how it will be submitted? How should I inform IRCC that we she has arrived in Canada and we will wait for her sponsorship within Canada.

Thanks,
Hemant
-When she arrives in Canada, she should update her address via webform.
-IRCC will either send an invitation to virtual landing (for which she must be in Canada) or the passport request.
-if the passport request, it will give instructions to advise if in Canada, which will lead to doing the virtual landing in a while.

Ideally it should be the virtual landing invite, but it often takes months for the change of address to be updated in system.