+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship and Tourist Visa

S

shudeepta

Hello - My husband is a canadian resident who will be applying for me from canada. We were married this Jan. We are both wondering if the sponsorship processing will be affected if I try to obtain a tourist visa first and accompany him to Canada. He is returning to canada from bangladesh.

Any advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shudeepta said:
Hello - My husband is a canadian resident who will be applying for me from canada. We were married this Jan. We are both wondering if the sponsorship processing will be affected if I try to obtain a tourist visa first and accompany him to Canada. He is returning to canada from bangladesh.

Any advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
You should know that is unlikely that you will be issued a TRV (visitor visa) with a Canadian PR spouse, as the IO will probably decide that you intention is to remain permanently in Canada rather than visit. You can apply , you never know, you might get one.

PMM

S

shudeepta

Thanks! Do you think if they refuse my tourist visa there will be more problems in the future, that is with the actual sponsorship application?

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
shudeepta said:
Thanks! Do you think if they refuse my tourist visa there will be more problems in the future, that is with the actual sponsorship application?
As far as I know, your tourist visa refusal will not have an impact on the sposal sponsership but it is generally advised by everyone not to apply for a TRV when the application is in process. Chances of 'refusal' are really bright and you dont want to take a chance with the actual application.

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
I agree with PMM... it's up to you if you want to apply, but chances are you will most likely not receive it. And when you and your husband put the application together, there is a question in the Perm Res application on IMM 0008 that asks you if you've been refused entry into Canada. If you apply for a visa and don't get it, you'll have to add this information to the spousal sponsorship application, the officer will have to look into it and it'll just slow down the processing. Probably not a lot, but you want to make everything as smooth and simple as possible, so you can be with your husband ASAP!