+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship after 6 months

farzadz

Dec 19, 2007
I'm a PR and I got married last August and immediately returned to Vancouver after our wedding. Between finding a job, keeping it, and getting the million things you need to submit with your application, we have finally got everything in order and am about to submit the package to Mississauga this week. Since nearly six months have passed since we got married, will this cause any problems with our application? I should also add my wife and I are in an interfaith relationship. Should I apply through a lawyer just to make sure we don't face any problems ?Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

essteeohh

Feb 6, 2008
i would like to hear a response as well, going on 3 months here, stuff is busy and we are making sure we get everything done right !

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
The 6 month period won't be a problem. Neither should the interfaith marriage.

If you are confident in your ability to do all the paperwork correctly and document it well, I'd say forego the lawyer. If you'd rather have a little hand holding and have someone go over your application and documents to make sure it looks correct, then hire a lawyer. It's really up to you.

TJL

Star Member
Jul 2, 2007
I agree with thaiguy in terms of lawyer, if you're diligent in reading everything and completing everything, I don't think you need a lawyer. Although the forms/questions could be worded more succinctly, taking your time will be the key. You get GREAT advice and responses to questions on this forum!! Just be sure to listen to the more experienced "posters" like PPM and Thaiguy (to name a couple).