+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse sponsorship additional documents required

grewal90

Apr 10, 2018
Hi there
I have few questions to ask. 3 days ago cic asked to submit the following documents.

We require the following item(s) to continue processing your application: Birth registration/certificate: Birth registration/certificate. If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents: Voter's ID card. This must be received at this office by: 2018/07/20

I submitted my husband's birth certificate and old school records of 5th, 8th and 10th grade before with my application package and they again request replacement for these documents.
His birth is registered late. I scanned and uploaded the these original documents yesterday 1)voter ID, 2) birth certificate, 3) 5th and 8th school certificates (not translated). We don't have any original baptism certificate as we are not christians.
1) Am I supposed to give them explanation latter that why don't we have original baptism certificate?
2) On my husband's Voter ID, in his date of birth section, only you can see that year in which he born and on month and day it has "XX XX". I was wondering is it still okay? do they want to see his complete date of birth on it?
3) Should I send them translated school certificates too ?
4) He done his medical and his doctor gave his eMedical information sheet. I send it to cic using Webform. Do I need to send it to cic through mail using the same address I send my application package?
Since I already uploaded the documents yesterday, I am not able to submit more documents.I was wondering should I mail the explanation letter, translated school certificates to them to cic case processing centre ? or can I use webform to do so. Also where should I

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
They are most likely asking again because they need to be translated. Anything that is not in English or French, needs to be translated.
But in the request did they state anything about the school mark sheets? I know we only included I think 10th grade, it was my misunderstanding and they sent a request similar to yours but asked for the school marks

Reactions: grewal90

grewal90

Apr 10, 2018
They are most likely asking again because they need to be translated. Anything that is not in English or French, needs to be translated.
But in the request did they state anything about the school mark sheets? I know we only included I think 10th grade, it was my misunderstanding and they sent a request similar to yours but asked for the school marks

India – Instruction(s) for documents

• Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.
I send them those because it was mentioned in country specific requirements.
Now what to do ? should I use web form to send them translations ?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Will advice that you send the requested documents before the deadline (2018/07/20) to avoid any delays.

(1) & (2)

• Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.
If your birth certificate is registered late........provide the below;
  1. Birth Certificate (provide your birth certificate registered late)
  2. Baptism Certificate (if not available.....provide explanation for not having Baptismal Certificate.......e.g. explain that you are not a Christian and could not be baptized due to your religion, maybe provide evidence of your religion, provide any reason).
  3. other original documents establishing identity such as;
  • Old school records (provide your old school records e.g., 5th, 8th and 10th records), and
  • Voter's ID card (provide your voter ID and/or Aadhar card)

(3)
You only need to provide translated copy of your documents like school certificates if the document is not in English or French.

Translation of documents
You must send the following for any document that is not in English or French, unless otherwise stated on your document checklist:
  • the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (see below for details); and
  • a certified copy of the original document.

(4)
If you have received request for medical from IRCC.....and has completed the medical exam......the Panel Physician will submit medical results to IRCC on your behalf.

Refer......IRCC request for medical letter..........."How to complete your Immigration Medical Examination"....section.

Once your medical examination has been completed the Panel Physician will submit medical results to IRCC for assessment.

(5)
You could send the documents and any letter of explanation to the IRCC Visa Office (VO) processing your application through IRCC Webform.

Reactions: grewal90

grewal90

Apr 10, 2018
Will advice that you send the requested documents before the deadline (2018/07/20) to avoid any delays.

(1) & (2)

• Voter's ID card.
If your birth certificate is registered late........provide the below;
  1. Birth Certificate (provide your birth certificate registered late)
  2. Baptism Certificate (if not available.....provide explanation for not having Baptismal Certificate.......e.g. explain that you are not a Christian and could not be baptized due to your religion, maybe provide evidence of your religion, provide any reason).
  3. other original documents establishing identity such as;
  • Old school records (provide your old school records e.g., 5th, 8th and 10th records), and
  • Voter's ID card (provide your voter ID and/or Aadhar card)

(3)
You only need to provide translated copy of your documents like school certificates if the document is not in English or French.

Translation of documents
You must send the following for any document that is not in English or French, unless otherwise stated on your document checklist:
  • the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (see below for details); and
  • a certified copy of the original document.

(4)
If you have received request for medical from IRCC.....and has completed the medical exam......the Panel Physician will submit medical results to IRCC on your behalf.

Refer......IRCC request for medical letter..........."How to complete your Immigration Medical Examination"....section.

Once your medical examination has been completed the Panel Physician will submit medical results to IRCC for assessment.

(5)
You could send the documents and any letter of explanation to the IRCC Visa Office (VO) processing your application through IRCC Webform.
Thank you a lot! Your answer really helped me a lot. I will send them my documents by Webform now