Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Calgary, AB
Hi,

I am on a LMO approved work permit for 1 year until Feb 2013. My wife, and 2 daugthers are in India. I want to know the options through which I can get my family to join me until my work permit expires. My PR application was filed in Mar 2011, and currently ECAS shows RBVO at Buffalo VO.

The option which I am aware of is, my wife can apply for open work permit, and ask for exemption from LMO process (LMO approval, job offer) by writing a cover letter and explaning that her husband is in Canada on a closed work permit which is NOC B skill level approved by HRSDC. I have thought of attaching the following douments with the application.
1. Notarized copy of marriage certificate (it's been 6yrs of mrrg)
2. Notarized copy of birth certificates for both the kids (parents name mentioned on both certificates, and date of birth, issued by municipal corp)
3. Copy of my passport (spouse name on last page)
4. Copy of my wife`s passport (spouse name on last page)
5. Copy of my current work permit (this will help in giving the VO clarity about my current work permit. I am not sure if they can access the database or not)
6. A original letter on letterhead from my current employer stating that I am working here as ______ (position title) since ____, and currently on work permit until _____ (expiry date). As per our employee records, his family is in India and he wants to get his family here in Canada with him until the expiry of work permit. The letter will include full name, date of birth, address, passport #, and relationship of family member`s with employee (which is me).
7. Other documents as may be applicable for work permit application.

I am kind of confused if this will suffice, so any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Shiv