+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsership

Viti

Apr 7, 2020
This is my husband's second marriage and he has two kids from previous marriage( Canada)but i am unmarried (India)... there is not age gap between us. But our consultant is saying because of my status it can be considered as marriage of convenience...this is our genuine marriage but still i am scared because i heard that sometime they consider a real marriage to fake.
Please guide me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is my husband's second marriage and he has two kids from previous marriage( Canada)but i am unmarried (India)... there is not age gap between us. But our consultant is saying because of my status it can be considered as marriage of convenience...this is our genuine marriage but still i am scared because i heard that sometime they consider a real marriage to fake.
Please guide me.
As long as he divorced his first wife before marrying you, sponsorship is certainly possible and I don't know why the consultant is saying this could be classified as a marriage of convenience. You will need to include evidence that shows your relationship is genuine of course.

Reactions: Viti

Viti

Apr 7, 2020
As long as he divorced his first wife before marrying you, sponsorship is certainly possible and I don't know why the consultant is saying this could be classified as a marriage of convenience. You will need to include evidence that shows your relationship is genuine of course.
Thanks. For the reply
Our marriage function was not planned on a large scale.. such kind of things are making me to concern about it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks. For the reply
Our marriage function was not planned on a large scale.. such kind of things are making me to concern about it.
That could certainly be a concern. Culturally weddings are usually large. If the wedding was very small, that may be a red flag for IRCC. What other evidence do you have to show the relationship is genuine?

Viti

Apr 7, 2020
That could certainly be a concern. Culturally weddings are usually large. If the wedding was very small, that may be a red flag for IRCC. What other evidence do you have to show the relationship is genuine?
[/QUOTE
Thanks for the reply
1)We have marriage certificate
2)Wedding pics around( around 50 -60) people were invited
3) honeymoon pics
4) family function pics( e.g. my brother's marriage)
5) WhatsApp chat from year 2017( our marriage held in November 2019)
6) WhatsApp call history ( we talked 4-5) daily
7) Some e mails from 2017( like forwarding imp documents or some discussions)
8) joint bank policy
9) joint bank passbook
10 ) my husband is sent me money 10-12 time before marriage.
11) visited some religious paces with his family have those pics
One more thing i want you to know that we were in contact since 2016 but divorce wasn't clear that's why we had to wait... he wes separated from his wife since 2013. Divorce was clear in January 2019 and we got married in November 2019

Viti

Apr 7, 2020
Thanks for the reply
Thanks for the reply
3) honeymoon pics
8) joint bank policy
9) joint bank passbook
One more thing i want you to know that we were in contact since 2016 but divorce wasn't clear that's why we had to wait... he wes separated from his wife since 2013. Divorce was clear in January 2019 and we got married in November
****one more thing i want to confirm if i change my previous marital status in my marriage certificate from unmarried to divorced too will it have any positive impact on my file?
i am sorry i am doing anything wrong because i joined this forum to clear my doubts..i don't know much about it

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply
3) honeymoon pics
8) joint bank policy
9) joint bank passbook
One more thing i want you to know that we were in contact since 2016 but divorce wasn't clear that's why we had to wait... he wes separated from his wife since 2013. Divorce was clear in January 2019 and we got married in November 2019
You can only send 20 pictures.

How much time did you actually spend in person before marrying? And after marrying?

****one more thing i want to confirm if i change my previous marital status in my marriage certificate from unmarried to divorced too will it have any positive impact on my file?

i am sorry i am doing anything wrong because i joined this forum to clear my doubts..i don't know much about it
Lying is immigration fraud, so no, not a positive impact.

Viti

Apr 7, 2020
You can only send 20 pictures.

How much time did you actually spend in person before marrying? And after marrying?

Lying is immigration fraud, so no, not a positive impact.
Thanks for the reply.
We know each other since 2016.
After marriage approximately three months.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply.
We know each other since 2016.
After marriage approximately three months.
Again, how much actual time did you spend in person before marrying? How did you meet? What is the relationship history? That is going to play a big part in determining a genuine relationship.

Viti

Apr 7, 2020
Again, how much actual time did you spend in person before marrying? How did you meet? What is the relationship history? That is going to play a big part in determining a genuine relationship.
Thanks for the reply..
We met in 2016.. we met by an incident difficult to explain( very lengthy) ... after that it was a random conversation..but we met 2-4 times and he went back to Canada...we wanted to marry at that time his divorce wasn't clear.. it wasn't a single day that we didn't talk since December 2016. My husband came in October and we got married in November..So

Viti

Apr 7, 2020
Thanks for the reply
We met in 2016 by an incident. After that we started to talk each other. It was a random conversation..but we met 2-4 times and he went back to Canada...we wanted to marry at that time his divorce wasn't clear.. it wasn't a single day that we didn't talk since December 2016. My husband came in October after divorce and we got married in November..(2019)

Viti

Apr 7, 2020
Respected sir/madam
My concern is that when our marriage is genuine then why it matters that i am married or unmarried previously, marriage was planned at large scale or not or any other thing..when they are expert in their duty to identify the reality , should we bother about it or not?

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Respected sir/madam
My concern is that when our marriage is genuine then why it matters that i am married or unmarried previously, marriage was planned at large scale or not or any other thing..when they are expert in their duty to identify the reality , should we bother about it or not?
It doesn't matter if you were married or not before. What matters is if you say you were divorced previously when you weren't. If you were single before you married your now husband then you have to be honest and say single.

Viti

Apr 7, 2020
It doesn't matter if you were married or not before. What matters is if you say you were divorced previously when you weren't. If you were single before you married your now husband then you have to be honest and say single.
Thanks a lot...