+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsership inland vs outland

Apr 26, 2019
Hi As i have valid visitor visa for Canada until 2023, But by wife and my two kids got Immigration visa and we are planning to land canada by coming june.
My query is.
1. After her landing date when can she apply for my Spouse sponsorship file.
2. But is the main differnece between Inland vs. outland spouse sponsership.
3. Outland means do i need to physically out from canada and apply from outside of canada.
4. But is the consiquencis of outland sponsership? if its rejected can it be restricted me to enter canada again as i have visitot visa already.
Seeking Expert advice
Thanks

yj09

Apr 26, 2019
Hi
1. Not sure why your wife and kids got immigrant visa but you did not. Her application did not include you?
2. ?
3. You can stay in Canada even submitting an offshore spousal sponsorship application. But you need to remain in Canada legally, and if an interview is required, you may need to go back your country and attend the interview.
4. If an offshore spousal sponsorship application is refused, you are able to appeal this negative decision to Immigration Appeal Division, and I don't think you would be restricted to enter Canada again if having a valid visitor visa, but it depends on the refusal reason, whether it is any inadmissibility issues involved. If yes, you may have problems.
Thanks.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I assume you were listed as a non-accompanying spouse to try to speed up her application. She can apply for you when she lands.

Outland means you are outside of Canada. It doesn't prevent you from coming to Canada, but if there are interviews or biometrics required, you will most likely need to leave Canada to do them. Inland means you are inside Canada. If you apply inland, you cannot leave for long periods of time - maybe only 1-2 weeks at most. If you leave longer, or if you leave and are not readmitted to Canada, your application is considered abandoned.

If your outland sponsorship is refused, it won't necessarily block you from entering Canada unless you misrepresent something in your application. It may mean it's harder to get another tourist visa, though.

LKRYA

Mar 8, 2018
Hi As i have valid visitor visa for Canada until 2023, But by wife and my two kids got Immigration visa and we are planning to land canada by coming june.
My query is.
1. After her landing date when can she apply for my Spouse sponsorship file.
2. But is the main differnece between Inland vs. outland spouse sponsership.
3. Outland means do i need to physically out from canada and apply from outside of canada.
4. But is the consiquencis of outland sponsership? if its rejected can it be restricted me to enter canada again as i have visitot visa already.
Seeking Expert advice
Thanks
How did this go? what is the latest?
I have also applied non accompanying spouse due to my spouse's work commitments. And now I have my ITA and got the AOR.
We both have valid Visitor visa till 2023.
I am wondering whether she could travel with me once I get my CoPR and apply in-land sponsorship if she decides to stay with me.