+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse rejected at new delhi chc please help.......

rsmeet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 april 2012
Med's Request
24 july 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
8 august 2012
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
my wife was rejected yesterday at new delhi chc stating they do not think the marriage was genuiine and less people attended the wedding and they told her that why i did not got married to her when i engaged to her before landing ,the vo was just saying the marriage was small and we both are intercaste, i am gonna appeal just waiting for refusal letter, justwanna know how do i get my appeal letter anybody got experience please share also anybody suggest any good lawyer in toronto please suggest....

prcar

Dec 10, 2012
DO you have a Kid ? was it a love marraige or arranged marraige? did you land and come back immediately to india for marraige?

rsmeet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 april 2012
Med's Request
24 july 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
8 august 2012
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
no i did not have kid its first marriage for both of us.......came after 7 months after landing to marry......

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
just because less people attended the wedding ? must we have a luxury big wedding party to prove a genuine relationship ? :eek:
OMG.....

rsmeet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 april 2012
Med's Request
24 july 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
8 august 2012
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
it was a love marriage i am hindu and my wife is christain........

blessedelaine

Dec 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
61312 mailed out
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
61512 CPC-M received
AOR Received.
82112- thru email
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
012813-email/ Submitted all docs: 040213
VISA ISSUED...
042513 PDOS.......:042613
LANDED..........
How long was your relationship before you get married?
Do you have sufficient evidence like lots of photos before the wedding, proof of communication and etc?

You were just 7 months in Canada and went back right away?
Do you have a stable job already?

Some points must be suspicious thats why they rejected you guys.

So sorry to hear that. Hope you can still appeal and do something.

rsmeet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 april 2012
Med's Request
24 july 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
8 august 2012
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
the vo was not satisfied as we did not have emails and skype records wen we were engaged before i landed in canada but we had lots of photos, after marriage we had lots of proof of evrything i have a stable full time job for year and a half now, but vo says very less people attended ur wedding and it was a small wedding , parents and close relatives from both side attended and their was religious ceremony but vo not satisfied

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
rsmeet said:
the vo was not satisfied as we did not have emails and skype records wen we were engaged before i landed in canada but we had lots of photos, after marriage we had lots of proof of evrything i have a stable full time job for year and a half now, but vo says very less people attended ur wedding and it was a small wedding , parents and close relatives from both side attended and their was religious ceremony but vo not satisfied
Intercaste marriage should be more reliable and its not necessary that you keep communicaton before marriage. If he is an indian officer he should understand, he cant behave like fool, how tough it is, to get intercaste marriage done.

How many people attended the marriage? Mine is also intercaste same my wife is hindu. I am afraid after seeing your status. But i landed came back imediately within 10 days and after 5 months got married. Because was convincing.

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
1st Med- Jun'12/Re-med Sept'13
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
1st PPR-Sep'12/ 2nd PPR-Sept'13
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
rsmeet said:
my wife was rejected yesterday at new delhi chc stating they do not think the marriage was genuiine and less people attended the wedding and they told her that why i did not got married to her when i engaged to her before landing ,the vo was just saying the marriage was small and we both are intercaste, i am gonna appeal just waiting for refusal letter, justwanna know how do i get my appeal letter anybody got experience please share also anybody suggest any good lawyer in toronto please suggest....
Dear rsmeet, which act did u get ur marriage registered?? Did u accompany ur spouse to the interview??

prcar

Dec 10, 2012
I too landed and went back to india immediately and got married after 10 days. i asked immigration people, they said it is ok to marry after landing but you cant get married after getting immigration visa and before landing.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
What? Because you had a small wedding?

We had 0 (ZERO) guests, not even family or anything. Our witnesses were just random people!

Does this really matter?

Back to you... Do you have right of appeal?

A

achander

@rsmeet - I feel your pain. But you have to take several things into consideration here. It is not a sin neither is it illegal to marry someone from a different caste. But unfortunately, you and I come from a country (India) where caste is given a ton of importance. It's bullshit if you ask me, but that's the way it is.

If you take your case, you are Hindu and she is Christian. Usually when inter caste marriages happen and there is not enough proof to portray a genuine marriage (which might include either christian or Hindu ceremonies, families present etc), it puts some doubt in the VOs mind. For him it appears that you either eloped to get married or It's a marriage of convenience. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

I wish you good luck on your appeal and hopefully everything will work out in your favor.

cheers

Mevakesh

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
03-11-2012
Passport Req..
16-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013
achander said:
For him it appears that you either eloped to get married or It's a marriage of convenience. It sucks, but that's the way it is.
I doubt eloping would be grounds for rejection. If they did elope, maybe they don't have enough proof to prove that their relationship is genuine.

Either way, all the best with your appeal. I wish VOs are held accountable when they make obvious errors or are negligent in their decisions. Making decisions that have significant impact on people's lives.....

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
rebecassss said:
What? Because you had a small wedding?

We had 0 (ZERO) guests, not even family or anything. Our witnesses were just random people!

Does this really matter?
The visa officers in New Delhi expect a big, traditional wedding for Indian couples. Visa officers in other embassies mostly do not - it depends what the local norms are. In India, a big, traditional wedding is normal; interfaith marriages are not normal; intercaste marriages are not normal. You can still get accepted, but the visa officer will be suspicious and so the couple will need more evidence than usual.

rsmeet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 april 2012
Med's Request
24 july 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
8 august 2012
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
they just rejected the visa saying that the marriage was not valid as my wife got converted into hindu legally and then we did a small marriage in mumbai in hindu tradition with ceremony with our friends and close relatives but only 25 people attended the wedding, then we register the marriage with municipal corporation of mumbai with witness who were relatives , we did not did reception as we had financial problem , we were lso dating for like 2 years before marriage, we went for honeymoon, we had given lots of photos,emails phone records , skype records, tickets, and more but he rejected saying that marriage was small and canada will not accept this marriage , he said my wife we have to remarriage, how is that possible, i am still waiting for refusal letter, i will go for appeal i know it takes year or more but i need to fight, life is gonna be difficult without my wife, infact i recieved GCMS notes 2 weeks before interview and the comments in the notes says couple looks happy and geniune ,,,,,,,,,,looking out for a good lawyer or consultant any suggestions guys