+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse refusal

Wintana

May 6, 2019
My husband is the main applicant for the G5 sponsorship. Its been 4 months now since we finished our medical exam and we are waiting for our Canadian visa. So now we are in a conflict of interest that my husband doesn't want to go to canada any more. How can this affect our proce

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband is the main applicant for the G5 sponsorship. Its been 4 months now since we finished our medical exam and we are waiting for our Canadian visa. So now we are in a conflict of interest that my husband doesn't want to go to canada any more. How can this affect our proce
What is a G5 sponsorship?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Was it your family member or an organization that you don’t know has sponsored you. Yes it is a problem if your husband no longer wants to relocate. Are you suggesting that you want to go to Canada on your own? Not sure if you have children.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
People are dying to get one of these private sponsorship spots. If your husband is unwilling to come to Canada you will have to become the primary applicant. You should probably contact a refugee organization that has more experience with these applications or IRCC number to find out what your options are and how you need to proceed. Don’t think your husband can be listed as non-accompanying on a private sponsorship and after your claim your husband will likely not be able to get a tourist visa to enter Canada. It is pretty uncommon to get this far and have a group of 5 and then the main applicant no longer wants to come to Canada. If anything the whole family decides not to come to Canada.

Last edited: