+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse question

leonardo

Jan 17, 2006
My husband and I have just received Canadian immigration visa and he will be going to Canada shortly to become PR. For varies reasons, I will not be able to accompany him and get my PR prior the visa expiration date. I have two questions:

1.Is there any possibility of an extension of the visa date?
2. If my husband gets PR and I don’t, how long it takes to get subsequent sponsorship for PR?

I am located in the US.

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

leonardo said:
My husband and I have just received Canadian immigration visa and he will be going to Canada shortly to become PR. For varies reasons, I will not be able to accompany him and get my PR prior the visa expiration date. I have two questions:

1.Is there any possibility of an extension of the visa date?
2. If my husband gets PR and I don’t, how long it takes to get subsequent sponsorship for PR?

I am located in the US.

Thank you.
1. No.
2. Depending on where you have lived other than the US, you are looking at 7-17 months. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/05-fc-spouses.html#west
3. I honestly think you should "land" and then you can immediately return to the US, unless you don;t have a US visa.

BCbound

Star Member
Jan 4, 2005
Are you aware that you only have to go to Canada for the day to 'land' and can then immediately return to the US?