+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse pregnant during Federal Process

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
Guys,

I have completed over 10 months now in fed process and just found out that my wife is pregnant.

I have heard that there could be some expected delays now in process. We have not even done our medicals yets. I heard that in medicals they scan chest area only so i think it should not be a concern and for my spouse/baby Or get it done thru a x ray shield?

Are there any other factor or this x ray factor that can effect or cause delay to the application. I am desperately waiting to see progress on my file as soon as possible.

If anyone else who had such experience please can they share their experience. Any advice that can avoid delay to my application is highly appreciated.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Congratulations. We were in same situation and decided to go ahead with X-ray after talking to Family doctor and doing our own research. Our baby was born fine. It's safe for a pregnant women to take X-ray in 2nd trimester if she is wearing lead apron to protect her belly area.

Reactions: go.quebec

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
Congratulations. We were in same situation and decided to go ahead with X-ray after talking to Family doctor and doing our own research. Our baby was born fine. It's safe for a pregnant women to take X-ray in 2nd trimester if she is wearing lead apron to protect her belly area.
Thanks for the reply.
However, Even if i proceed with medicals for my non-accompanying family members would i be able to get PR for myself before child birth as all of my family members are non-accompanying. And, once child is born i will upate IRCC with this OR is it IRCC going to hold my application unless the child is born. as i completed 10 months and expecting some news in near future but due to this news i am worried that my application wil be delayed. please can you shed some light on this. thanks again.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Thanks for the reply.
However, Even if i proceed with medicals for my non-accompanying family members would i be able to get PR for myself before child birth as all of my family members are non-accompanying. And, once child is born i will upate IRCC with this OR is it IRCC going to hold my application unless the child is born. as i completed 10 months and expecting some news in near future but due to this news i am worried that my application wil be delayed. please can you shed some light on this. thanks again.
Yes you will get your PR. IRCC won't hold your application. IRCC didn't hold my application and I soft landed before child was born.

Reactions: go.quebec