+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse PR

Naveed Ahmed

Jan 29, 2020
Hi, I am a Canadian citizen and recently got married in a foreign country. My wife is a foreign national and I would like to bring her to Canada asap. A week ago I applied for her visitor's visa. My question is - will there be any problem if I apply for her PR now (before I get a decision for the visitor's visa)? Will both the applications be slowed down if I apply for her PR now or they both will be processed independently (thus no impact on each other)? Thanks.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hi, I am a Canadian citizen and recently got married in a foreign country. My wife is a foreign national and I would like to bring her to Canada asap. A week ago I applied for her visitor's visa. My question is - will there be any problem if I apply for her PR now (before I get a decision for the visitor's visa)? Will both the applications be slowed down if I apply for her PR now or they both will be processed independently (thus no impact on each other)? Thanks.
One does not affect the other. She would have a better chance at getting a visitor visa approval if you first apply for PR sponsorship and then apply for a visitor visa once you get the AOR. Typically, 1-2 months after applying.

Reactions: YVR123