+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse PR Sponsorship: Visiting Canada while Application is in process

rangerlynch

Jan 23, 2020
Hi Members,

First of all, im really thankful to this forum, i was able to find answers to most of my questions regarding Spouse PR sponsorship.

I am a Canada PR and have applied for my wife's PR under Family Sponsorship class(Outland). I got the UCI and Application No in an email from CIC and i have linked my application to the online account.
Now, i want to apply Visit Visa and bring her to Canada. I have a few questions around this scenario:
1) If she comes to Canada on Visit Visa while her PR is in process, will it be a problem?
2) Can we give biometrics and medical exam in Canada or will this have to be in the home country as we applied outland.
3) Finally, if her PR is approved while she is still in Canada on Visit Visa, how to activate the PR? Will she have to go back to the home country and re enter? FYI, she does not have a US visit visa, i have read in the other posts that people activate it at the US-Canada land border as one option.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Members,

First of all, im really thankful to this forum, i was able to find answers to most of my questions regarding Spouse PR sponsorship.

I am a Canada PR and have applied for my wife's PR under Family Sponsorship class(Outland). I got the UCI and Application No in an email from CIC and i have linked my application to the online account.
Now, i want to apply Visit Visa and bring her to Canada. I have a few questions around this scenario:
1) If she comes to Canada on Visit Visa while her PR is in process, will it be a problem?
2) Can we give biometrics and medical exam in Canada or will this have to be in the home country as we applied outland.
3) Finally, if her PR is approved while she is still in Canada on Visit Visa, how to activate the PR? Will she have to go back to the home country and re enter? FYI, she does not have a US visit visa, i have read in the other posts that people activate it at the US-Canada land border as one option.
With a sponsorship app in process, chances of a TRV are very low.

1. No.

2. Yes.

3. SHe can make an appointment at an IRCC office in Canada or flagpole at the Canada-US border without needing a US visa.