+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse PR Card Renewal- Documents Attestation

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
Dear All, I have a question about documents attestation for Spouse PR Card renewal. What documents, if any, we need to attest?
she has less than 730 days of physical presence in Canada i.e 695 days ( due to her own cancer, father's cancer,high risk pregnancy, birth of our daughter and finally compassionate care to her father) . I stayed for 298 days with her outside Canada as canadian Citizen ( 695+298= 998 days in Total). So we have enough of days for her renewal.
I have already completed the application package and sealed it. Now I found that we need to attest photocopies???
My friend applied in August for PR card renewal and did not attest documents and his application shows In Process.
I am sending all the tickets for my travel to her country from Canada,our marriage certificate+ my passport + citizenship certificate.
Do we really need to attest these as CIC already has these documents except my tickets on file with them? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Attestation will again waste a few days as I need to make an appointment.
is there anyone who DID NOT attest their documents and got renewal? Or is everyone attesting documents?
Please help

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
noolan said:
Dear All, I have a question about documents attestation for Spouse PR Card renewal. What documents, if any, we need to attest?
she has less than 730 days of physical presence in Canada i.e 695 days ( due to her own cancer, father's cancer,high risk pregnancy, birth of our daughter and finally compassionate care to her father) . I stayed for 298 days with her outside Canada as canadian Citizen ( 695+298= 998 days in Total). So we have enough of days for her renewal.
I have already completed the application package and sealed it. Now I found that we need to attest photocopies???
My friend applied in August for PR card renewal and did not attest documents and his application shows In Process.
I am sending all the tickets for my travel to her country from Canada,our marriage certificate+ my passport + citizenship certificate.
Do we really need to attest these as CIC already has these documents except my tickets on file with them? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Attestation will again waste a few days as I need to make an appointment.
is there anyone who DID NOT attest their documents and got renewal? Or is everyone attesting documents?
Please help

Any documents/ photo copies that are not in English or French needs to be translated and attested by public notary.
If everything is in ether of these languages, I guess no need to attest anything.

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
Thank you Sharat for your response. No one else bothered to reply. My question was simple. Do you attest documents for card renewal?
I sent the application without attestation the day before, lets see how it goes.

Cheers,

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
noolan said:
Thank you Sharat for your response. No one else bothered to reply. My question was simple. Do you attest documents for card renewal?
I sent the application without attestation the day before, lets see how it goes.

Cheers,
No Problem. I also sent my application package without translation or notary (It was received at NS office on 17-Oct).
So I guess we both sent out around the same time.

In my case, I had Visa page in Spanish. All others were in English only.

Do update the status once you hear from CIC about your application.

All the best.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
noolan said:
Will Do Sharit. Best of luck to you as well.
Noolan, any update on your application.

on 7-Nov, I got a mail from CIC acknowledging that they received my application on 17-Oct.
Still cant see the status on the application online though.

What's happening in your case ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sharat_joshi77 said:

on 7-Nov, I got a mail from CIC acknowledging that they received my application on 17-Oct.

E-CAS takes 7-10 days to update once you receive acknowledgement.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
thecoolguysam said:
E-CAS takes 7-10 days to update once you receive acknowledgement.
Thanks thecoolguysam.
So this is the AOR people are talking about ? The mail does not say anything about the completeness of application or anything.
Just that this has been received by the office.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sharat_joshi77 said:
Thanks thecoolguysam.
So this is the AOR people are talking about ? The mail does not say anything about the completeness of application or anything.
Just that this has been received by the office.
Once you receive AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt), the e-cas activates in 7-10 days.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
thecoolguysam said:
Once you receive AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt), the e-cas activates in 7-10 days.
I could see my ecas updates on 10-Nov (3 days after I got my AOR).
The application status is showing as In Progress. I guess it will be in this status unless something happens or they ask for more clarifications/ documents etc.

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
sharat_joshi77 said:

No news Yet Sharat. Our application reached 24th Oct, So we are a week behind you.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
noolan said:
No news Yet Sharat. Our application reached 24th Oct, So we are a week behind you.
Hi noolan,

Well, I checked my e-cas today (18-Nov) and was surprised to see the status. The status was "complete".
The timeline was something like this:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 17, 2016.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 7, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on November 8, 2016.
4. Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on November 9, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.
5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 15, 2016.

I haven't received it yet/ didn;t checked my mailbox as well in last few days. Will update if I get my PR card....

Whats happening at your end ?
Hope Hopefully you will also get update soon .

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
Hi Sharat,

Sorry for the late late reply. So happy for you that your application process is complete. hopefully you have got your PR card by now. I was checking my status for sometimes using the PR card number and was unable to get through. Did not receive any acknowledgement also. Today was thinking to call them and then checked the status using the Receipt number, and it says that they sent me acknowledgement Nov 15. and shows still in process. At least some good news at last for us , although don't know where our acknowledgement went.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
noolan said:
Hi Sharat,

Sorry for the late late reply. So happy for you that your application process is complete. hopefully you have got your PR card by now. I was checking my status for sometimes using the PR card number and was unable to get through. Did not receive any acknowledgement also. Today was thinking to call them and then checked the status using the Receipt number, and it says that they sent me acknowledgement Nov 15. and shows still in process. At least some good news at last for us , although don't know where our acknowledgement went.
well, it might be in your Junk mail folder.
Check over there. Check mails received around that date and hopefully you will get it somewhere in your folders.
Hopefully you will get the PR cards soon as well.

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
Thanks for the heads up sharat. I did have a look but can't see it anywhere. Anyway, I am happy to see at least the status update. I did change the resiential address as we moved back to our own home. will update once i hear something.