+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse PR APPLICATION

May 18, 2015
Can someone please enlighten me.
I was a live in caregiver, then in 2012, I applied for my permanent residency as a single person. In 2013, during the course of my application I got married in my country. Then when I was about to received my interview in Kitchener I informed the CIC about the change of my status . And that was in February of 2014. Then I started to include my husband in my application and cancelled my supposed to be interview. Then. In April 2014 I found out that his previous marriage was not had been dissolved( he was separated for 8 years, ex wife had a kid with current partner) I only knew this later on. But we have had able to fixed things . So my lawyer here adviced me to withdraw him on my application in my PR otherwise both of us will loose the chance of being approved. So I signed a document stating that I am withdrawing him as my spouse since our marriage is not accepted under our law. And he committed polygamy.
To cut the story short, in July 2014 I got my PR. And as I've said we able to fixed things. We are still in a relationship as husband and wife, things of the past were able to patch up. I want to start a family , but my problem is according to my lawyer I can't able to sponsor him now, EVER..and he needs to undergo rehabilitation after 5 years for him to be able to apply under his own. I just felt I'm helpless, I can't go back to my country and start all over again, and he can't come here..
Can someone please help me, advice on what other options I could get..please..

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
What country is he a citizen of? The Philippines?
Did you ever live with him for 12 months continuously?

May 18, 2015
canadianwoman said:
What country is he a citizen of? The Philippines?
Did you ever live with him for 12 months continuously?
Yes, Philippines, nope, since I was living abroad for 6 years. I just only spend a month every year.

May 18, 2015
My question is, I withdrawn his application so I could go on with my own application as per my lawyer advice during that time so I could get my PR. He is about to send his medical result when we found out about his Record of his previous marriage , which obviously he didn't indicated in his application. And our lawyer said that's misrepresentation, aside from the act of polygamy which is considered as a crime here in Canada. But he was not convicted or sue for this in Our country since the previous wife had already her own family and kid . And currently back home he's under the process of nullification of his previous marriage. And we are planning to get married again once everything is settled. But my biggest fear is how can I get him here. Please any ideas? Or any same case? Please help. All I want is to build a family thanks a lot.

May 18, 2015
Maple- sampaguita19 said:
Yes, Philippines, nope, since I was living abroad for 6 years. I just only spend a month every year.
My question is, I withdrawn his application so I could go on with my own application as per my lawyer advice during that time so I could get my PR. He is about to send his medical result when we found out about his Record of his previous marriage , which obviously he didn't indicated in his application. And our lawyer said that's misrepresentation, aside from the act of polygamy which is considered as a crime here in Canada. But he was not convicted or sue for this in Our country since the previous wife had already have her own family and kid . And currently back home he's under the process of nullification of his previous marriage. And we are planning to get married again once everything is settled. But my biggest fear is how can I get him here. Please any ideas? Or any same case? Please help. All I want is to build a family thanks a lot.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I would wait until he gets his other marriage annulled. When he is free to marry, marry him. I would try to sponsor him once you are married. It is true not reporting his marriage was misrepresentation, but you withdrew him from the application before the visa office made a decision. The Canadian government didn't accuse him of misrepresentation, or send him a letter about it, right?

It might not work, but you can try. And if it does not work, he can try to immigrate on his own. I do not think you are barred from sponsoring him because he was not examined - because you were not legally married to him at the time and were not common law. The visa officer might think differently, but I think it is worth trying.

May 18, 2015
canadianwoman said:
I would wait until he gets his other marriage annulled. When he is free to marry, marry him. I would try to sponsor him once you are married. It is true not reporting his marriage was misrepresentation, but you withdrew him from the application before the visa office made a decision. The Canadian government didn't accuse him of misrepresentation, or send him a letter about it, right?

It might not work, but you can try. And if it does not work, he can try to immigrate on his own. I do not think you are barred from sponsoring him because he was not examined - because you were not legally married to him at the time and were not common law. The visa officer might think differently, but I think it is worth trying.
Yes I withdrew the application, so I really didn't know what had happened on his application, he had his id number already, whenever I asked my lawyer he keeps on telling me, I can no longer sponsor him , since I made a declaration that I have no intention of sponsoring him in the future. I need to sign that document during that time otherwise I will loose my chance as well. CIC didn't send me anything with regards with his application , what happened was after 3 months of withdrawing his application I got my Pr approval, but still on my immigration documents I'm still married. I get help from a lawyer so I really don't know what had happened on his application.
Thanks for your kind response.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You're welcome. Tough case, but good luck.