+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse permanent residency

Sandeep.handa84

Mar 26, 2019
Hello
I am permanent residence of Canada. I have applied my wife’s spouse permanent residency when i was in canada. But it’s taking time. Right now i am in india to visit my family. Can I apply her visitor visa while i am in India or should I come back to Canada to invite her on visitor visa. Thanks

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Hello
I am permanent residence of Canada. I have applied my wife’s spouse permanent residency when i was in canada. But it’s taking time. Right now i am in india to visit my family. Can I apply her visitor visa while i am in India or should I come back to Canada to invite her on visitor visa. Thanks
You can apply while in India, all you need to provide is the invitation letter, did you get AOR for your spouse PR application ?

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Yes we got AOR. So from whom I would need invitation letter because i am in India
Your Spouse need to apply for a visit visa, while doing the application your spouse need to upload the invitation letter, the invitation letter needs to be provide by you I hope it make sense now!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello

[/QUOT

How long are going to be in India? Are you aware that you are required to remain in Canada if sponsoring your spouse as a PR. Applying for a TRV for your spouse while you are also in India could highlight the fact that you are not in Canada during the sponsorship process. Hopefully this is just a short 2-3 week vacation and then you have plans to return home. It would be best if you returned to Canada before your spouse applied for the TRV.