Med's Done....
26-02-2014(spouse); 28-02-2014(PA)
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014(PA); 21-07-2014(spouse)
LANDED..........
23-08-2014(PA); 28-08-2014(spouse)
so sad, depressed and frustrated. i am currently working in canada as temporary worker as an engineer. I fall in NOC B and my work permit is valid until end of 2015. also i have my CEC application in process for which i have received AOR in sept. My wife is included in that application as well. i got married in december of 2012 and in june of this year my wife applied for spouse OWP by paper in Singapore office. we included our marriage cert..my uptodate letter of employment..my positive LMO...etc etc to the point whatever they asked for. last week she received a letter from visa office saying that the application has been refused and closed because the visa officer is not satisfied that she will leave canada at the end of her authorized period in canada. this decision was based on 3 facts:

1. travel history.(not sure why because she never traveled to any other country in her life. we maintained a long distance relationship and i went home every year to visit)
2. her ties in canada and country of residence.
3.purpose of visit(!!)

the visa officer also suggested that if she choose to re-apply ..only do so if her situation have changed substantively or have significant new information to provide. her situation isnt changed or there is no new information to provide other than picture/videos of our wedding...communication history such as phone call/text msg record. other than these two things we provided everything else..

i dont know what to do..if i wait for our immigration to go through that will take may be another year for her to come and start our life. i would like to re-apply online but when i am trying to do so on the personalize document checklist they are asking only for 3 document.
*application form for work permit made outside of canada
*copy of her passport
*picture

not asking for proof of relationship or my employement or any other documents which we had to submit with first by paper application. i called cic call center but they were no help as usual.

I need expertise from you guys who have been in similar situation and succeeded...what should i do.
also i am confused how the immigration will work out. i have paid application proccessing fee for both of us. will she get the immigration status at same time as me..how the medical exam will work out..since i am in canada and she is not. so many uncertainties. i would really really appreciate all the help and suggestion i get. i thank you all in advance

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
movie said:
so sad, depressed and frustrated. i am currently working in canada as temporary worker as an engineer. I fall in NOC B and my work permit is valid until end of 2015. also i have my CEC application in process for which i have received AOR in sept. My wife is included in that application as well. i got married in december of 2012 and in june of this year my wife applied for spouse OWP by paper in Singapore office. we included our marriage cert..my uptodate letter of employment..my positive LMO...etc etc to the point whatever they asked for. last week she received a letter from visa office saying that the application has been refused and closed because the visa officer is not satisfied that she will leave canada at the end of her authorized period in canada. this decision was based on 3 facts:

1. travel history.(not sure why because she never traveled to any other country in her life. we maintained a long distance relationship and i went home every year to visit)
3.purpose of visit(!!)

the visa officer also suggested that if she choose to re-apply ..only do so if her situation have changed substantively or have significant new information to provide. her situation isnt changed or there is no new information to provide other than picture/videos of our wedding...communication history such as phone call/text msg record. other than these two things we provided everything else..

i dont know what to do..if i wait for our immigration to go through that will take may be another year for her to come and start our life. i would like to re-apply online but when i am trying to do so on the personalize document checklist they are asking only for 3 document.
*copy of her passport
*picture

not asking for proof of relationship or my employement or any other documents which we had to submit with first by paper application. i called cic call center but they were no help as usual.

I need expertise from you guys who have been in similar situation and succeeded...what should i do.
also i am confused how the immigration will work out. i have paid application proccessing fee for both of us. will she get the immigration status at same time as me..how the medical exam will work out..since i am in canada and she is not. so many uncertainties. i would really really appreciate all the help and suggestion i get. i thank you all in advance
Hi buddy

Sorry to hear about your rejections.. the points that u discussed were true if,

1) travel history means that your spouse does NOT have visa for any country i.e. spouse has never visited any country except home country..Secondly it may also mean someone has broken immigration law while visiting(i dont think this might be coorect in your case)...so embassy is correct when giving first reason.

2) for ties u need to show some property in u or ur spouses name..and strong bank balance in home country.

3 this reason is harsh...purpose is clear still you need to have a strong Statement of purpose..to support your documents

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here are the documents we submitted with my spouse online application.

For spouse: (swop)
- IMM1295
- IMM 5645
- Proof of means of financial support (we submitted a bank cert of her bank deposit)
and my doller account in canada
- Passport or travel document
- Digital photo
- proof of relationship (marriage contract only; did not need to submit pictures)
- IMM 5713
- schedule 1 - application for a temporary resident visa made outside Canada
- Letter of Explanation

(Dear Visa Officer,

In addition to the bank certification uploaded with your application as Proof of Means of Financial Support, 1) (name of spouse) Employment Contract
2) Pay slips
3) T4
4) Job Offer Letter from ( name of employer)
5] police record certificat
hope this will help

Johnkae

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
May 15, 2014
Nomination.....
Dec 02, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 31,2014
Med's Done....
Feb 22, 2014
Thanks for the info... Were still waiting for the result of my husband's work permit. We just got married last sept and we applied last last oct 10. We got all the doc provided and asked for medical.. I hope to get a good answer from the immigration.... Ill keep you all posted

vizag_canada

Star Member
Nov 28, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-dec-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
13 dec 2010
Interview........
--waived--
Passport Req..
--waived--
VISA ISSUED...
14/jan/2011
LANDED..........
21/jan/2011
did u reapply movie?

kikzzz81

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
movie said:

3.purpose of visit(!!)

*copy of her passport
*picture

Hi sir.. what is your timeline? Im also waiting for my sowp visa. Passed the same reqts u mentioned above. Prayin for gods favor to my application.

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
roop9 said:
Hi buddy

Sorry to hear about your rejections.. the points that u discussed were true if,

1) travel history means that your spouse does NOT have visa for any country i.e. spouse has never visited any country except home country..Secondly it may also mean someone has broken immigration law while visiting(i dont think this might be coorect in your case)...so embassy is correct when giving first reason.

2) for ties u need to show some property in u or ur spouses name..and strong bank balance in home country.

3 this reason is harsh...purpose is clear still you need to have a strong Statement of purpose..to support your documents
thank you for your input bud...

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mannual said:
here are the documents we submitted with my spouse online application.

For spouse: (swop)
- IMM1295
- IMM 5645
- Proof of means of financial support (we submitted a bank cert of her bank deposit)
and my doller account in canada
- Passport or travel document
- Digital photo
- proof of relationship (marriage contract only; did not need to submit pictures)
- IMM 5713
- schedule 1 - application for a temporary resident visa made outside Canada
- Letter of Explanation

(Dear Visa Officer,

In addition to the bank certification uploaded with your application as Proof of Means of Financial Support, 1) (name of spouse) Employment Contract
2) Pay slips
3) T4
4) Job Offer Letter from ( name of employer)
5] police record certificat
hope this will help
thank you for your input. i am currently getting our papers ready for re-applying online again. lets see what happens this time

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
vizag_canada said:
did u reapply movie?
i am getting the paperworks done.. this time we have taken our time to get everything ready properly. hoping to re-apply online this time within this weekend

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kikzzz81 said:
Hi sir.. what is your timeline? Im also waiting for my sowp visa. Passed the same reqts u mentioned above. Prayin for gods favor to my application.
we applied in 1st week of july this year. she got her decision on 3rd week of october.

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
movie said:
we applied in 1st week of july this year. she got her decision on 3rd week of october.
Kindly check ur inbox .. need an info ...

estilo

Feb 22, 2013
Good day all,please i need your advice,my sister husband is in canada and intent to bring her to canada,so she applied for OWP which is still under processing but now the husband now changed his job becos this new job pays better,my question is will this affect the OWP they applied for knowing that the previous job employment letter and pay subs that he was working before was added to the application and now he has change jobs.plz help my brothers and sisters

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
estilo said:
Good day all,please i need your advice,my sister husband is in canada and intent to bring her to canada,so she applied for OWP which is still under processing but now the husband now changed his job becos this new job pays better,my question is will this affect the OWP they applied for knowing that the previous job employment letter and pay subs that he was working before was added to the application and now he has change jobs.plz help my brothers and sisters
what type of work permit is he on...? is it a PGWP..OWP...CWP....and for how long the work permit is valid....as long your brother in laws new job falls into NOC skill leve O,A or B category..and work permit is valid for more than 6 months...it should be okay...