+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse OWP - Passport requested, any chances of rejection?

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. Me and my husband applied to a study visa for him and an open work permit for myself (at the same time). We just received the following message: "This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application"
I've read that this means that the visa was approved, but are there still any chances of rejection? Or is there a chance that they will give me a visitor visa instead of the work permit or anything like that?
Can we buy the flight tickets or should we wait?
Thanks!

JattTinka

Aug 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
tp_marina said:
Hi guys. Me and my husband applied to a study visa for him and an open work permit for myself (at the same time). We just received the following message: "This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application"
I've read that this means that the visa was approved, but are there still any chances of rejection? Or is there a chance that they will give me a visitor visa instead of the work permit or anything like that?
Can we buy the flight tickets or should we wait?
Thanks!
99.99% it has been approved. Never heard that it got rejected after PPR.
It's only a matter of a couple days when you'll get your passport back.
So be patient

Justin william

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
JattTinka said:
So be patient
Passport request - 99% visa approved :)

And also i would like to ask you that

Who received an email?? Is that you or your spouse???
M in a same situation.. me and my spouse applied togthr, study permit (spp) and open work permit,
Her visa got approved in a week she received an email stating visa has been approved , however mine is still in process i did not receive any email.. mine it says status - open
Medical - Passed

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Justin william said:
Passport request - 99% visa approved :)

And also i would like to ask you that

Who received an email?? Is that you or your spouse???
M in a same situation.. me and my spouse applied togthr, study permit (spp) and open work permit,
Her visa got approved in a week she received an email stating visa has been approved , however mine is still in process i did not receive any email.. mine it says status - open
Medical - Passed
My spouse is the principal applicant so he received the email saying that both our applications had been updated. We got the passport request at the same time. But I'm applying from Brazil, I'm pretty sure processing times and procedures change depending on where you're applying from. If it's past your average processing times (check it here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp ) you can contact them to ask what's happening. Good luck!

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JattTinka said:
So be patient
Fingers crossed! Thanks!

Justin william

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
I applied for SOWP on 4th of Oct 2016.
It is paper based application.
processing at VAC Bangalore..
Status - OPEN
Medical - PASSED on 12th November 2016

And I got the reply from them on 15th November 2016 stating :-

Please submit the below mentioned Additional documents.
* Marriage Certificate
* Proof of funds for Me and Spouse

Now again I submitted the demanded additional documents on 18th of November at Vfs pune.

I havent received any update yet... no email , no msg nothing,
I m realy worried...