+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse OWP extension (thru Wife PGWP)

Cujo04

Dec 29, 2020
I'm currently holding an Open Work Permit here in Canada through my wife's Student Permit status as International Student.
Our respective permits will expire on 30th of March 2021. Wife has completed her 2-year course studies last 18th of December 2020 and finally applied for Post Graduate Work Permit a week after. She will start to find work full or part time thru "Implied status".

I'm planning to extend my stay and validity of Open work permit but it requires us to secure Wife's PGWP and 3 pay slips from NOC (0, A and B) job types. Wife might have a chance to get a job but we are concern on the PGWP processing time. The PGWP application usually take at least 2-3 months to process. We are afraid that it might process longer and compromise our immigration status by overstaying beyond our visa expiry (30th of March 2021).

While waiting for the requirements on extending my OWP, I would like to opt on applying for Visitor Visa as early as January 2021 just to be safe on maintaining my immigration status. I'm still hoping to find a better options for our scenario. My son will start school here soon and I'm currently working to support my family.

Is it possible to apply for SOWP extension even if Wife’s PGWP application is still in process? I just need Wife’s 3 pay slips with (NOC 0, A and B) job type to pursue my extension?

Is applying for Visitor visa an option for me?

Appreciate any feedback and expert opinions on my scenario.

Preethi2020

May 2, 2022
How did you apply for sowp extension when pgwp is still being processed? I'm kn a similar situation now. Please guide.

Preethi2020

May 2, 2022
Hey did you apply for SOWP extension on PGWP implied status then?
Yes I applied for sowp extension in implied status. For docs I kept 3 paystubs and employment proof. Now I have recieved my pgwp and uploaded it through web form for my sowp application

at2506

Feb 15, 2022
Yes I applied for sowp extension in implied status. For docs I kept 3 paystubs and employment proof. Now I have recieved my pgwp and uploaded it through web form for my sowp application
Did you get the results? Going to be in a similar situation so asking for advice.