+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse or Visitor Visa

Prince2541

Jun 4, 2023
Hi friends

My wife is in canada working on closed work permit.
Our marriage is 5 years old and we have a 5 month old son.
Me and my son is in India.

We applied for my son's visitor visa but it got refused for reason that
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Now my question is that should be again apply for his Visitor Visa or shall we apply for my Spouse Visa and include my son in Spousal Visa application.

His mom wants to be with her little one. The visitor visa processing time is 21 days and Spousal Visa processing time is 20 weeks.

What is the best course of action for us.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi friends

The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Now my question is that should be again apply for his Visitor Visa or shall we apply for my Spouse Visa and include my son in Spousal Visa application.

His mom wants to be with her little one. The visitor visa processing time is 21 days and Spousal Visa processing time is 20 weeks.

Thanks
No such thing as a spouse visa. Are you applying for open work permit? What is her stream, NOC and when does permit expire? Best plan is for you to apply for SOWP and son, a visitor visa. Show funds to settle in Canada. Who will take care of son if only 5 months? Show proof of daycare (ability to pay) or getting on waiting lists because it can be years.

Or do you have no plans to stay in Canada and just visit. If just visiting, again who will take care of child. Most daycares don’t start until 1 year.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi friends

Thanks
Best course of action is dependant what your end game is .
In your postings you’re talking about Express Entry , starting a business, getting an LMIA etc .
You’re all over the map
Are you a visitor or planning on staying ?
SOWP if you’re planning on staying or TRV for a short visit .
Plus why didn’t you apply for a visa along with your wife ?
You & the baby could be the ties for her to return
Appears she had the baby then left. SOWP , TRV aren’t guaranteed, nor should you think they are just because she chose to leave & work