+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit

adcastro

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
Hi Everyone,

We are interested in applying for my wife's Open Work Permit. I'd like to seek your recommendations regarding our situation. Here's our situation:

1. I have recently obtained my post-graduation work permit and am set to commence work as an IT Solution Consultant in Canada on September 5, 2023.

2. My wife currently holds a multiple-entry visitor visa and is a government employee in the Philippines. We are wondering whether you would recommend that she apply for her Open Work Permit in the Philippines or if it would be more advisable for her to return to Canada and apply here.

Also, do I need to request my certificate of employment and submit at least 3 paystubs as part of the supporting documents?

Thank you.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi Everyone,

We are interested in applying for my wife's Open Work Permit. I'd like to seek your recommendations regarding our situation. Here's our situation:

1. I have recently obtained my post-graduation work permit and am set to commence work as an IT Solution Consultant in Canada on September 5, 2023.

2. My wife currently holds a multiple-entry visitor visa and is a government employee in the Philippines. We are wondering whether you would recommend that she apply for her Open Work Permit in the Philippines or if it would be more advisable for her to return to Canada and apply here. Both are fine

Also, do I need to request my certificate of employment and submit at least 3 paystubs as part of the supporting documents? Yes

Thank you.

adcastro

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
Hi @BA101 , do I need to stay in the same company while waiting for the result of my wife's open work permit application?

Can you also share some reference links that we can review? Specially those documents that I need to prepare on both ends? thanks

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi @BA101 , do I need to stay in the same company while waiting for the result of my wife's open work permit application?

Can you also share some reference links that we can review? Specially those documents that I need to prepare on both ends? thanks
You can inform IRCC about any changes to Employment
Answer the questionnaire on GC Key, fill forms, pay fees and submit your application. You will a checklist mentioning what documents are needed

If you cannot do this yourself, you can hire a representative. Good Luck

adcastro

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
You can inform IRCC about any changes to Employment
Answer the questionnaire on GC Key, fill forms, pay fees and submit your application. You will a checklist mentioning what documents are needed

If you cannot do this yourself, you can hire a representative. Good Luck
Hi. I just want to clarify, if I already submitted my wife's OWP application and I switched jobs/employers I need to inform IRCC about the changes, prepare another set of documents, and pay another fee?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi. I just want to clarify, if I already submitted my wife's OWP application and I switched jobs/employers I need to inform IRCC about the changes, prepare another set of documents, and pay another fee?
Raise a webform and attach new docs

Reactions: adcastro